PDA

View Full Version : Win 7 and Card Reader

mav36
06-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Just upgrade to Win 7 and now the card reader won't work. Says the "Flash device could not be initialized". I tried all my usb ports, unistalled the program, and reinstalled still nothing. I know the reader and card is ok cause I have the pattern editor on my wife's laptop and it worked fine ( "xp") Anybody else run into the same thing? Also my drivers are all up to date and all my usb ports works fine. It just going to be a pain to run back and forth to upload.

Joel

b.sumner47
06-04-2011, 01:41 PM
You have to check with LHR or the administator. They will help you out withy the installment. Capt Barry

mav36
06-04-2011, 02:27 PM
Talked to them yesterday and they said try a different usb port. But after 7 usb ports on pc plus a usb hub nothing.

eromran
06-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Try reading through this link it is pretty helpful http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices

b.sumner47
06-04-2011, 02:56 PM
See if you can find software manuel. Look in chapter 1 and go to page 18 under Windows Vista and follow thier setup. Good Luck, Capt Barry

gregsolano
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
upgraded to Windows 7 and had the same problem today as well. I installed and ran the fix it software from microsoft at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...th-USB-devices (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices) and then unplugged and re plugged in the card reader and it was recognized and installed. You have to have reader plugged in when you run the fix it software and then when it tells you to check your hardware to see if its working, unplug the reader, plug it into a different usb port and it will be installed and begin working. then click ok on the fix it to indicate the problem is fixed.

mav36
06-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks Greg. But still nothing? I can see it in the Deviece and Printers screen, and it says it is working properly. I have also uninstalled the driver a couple of time and restarted the pc it found it and installed it. But still get the same message. And I checked it still works fine on the laptop with XP.

Joel

gregsolano
06-08-2011, 12:16 PM
sorry it didnt work, It worked for me and has been working for two days so far. Good Luck.

lynnfrwd
06-08-2011, 02:14 PM
When you installed on the Windows 7 operating system, did you follow the step for "Run as Administrator"? See page two of the INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS third bullet on Section 1.1 under the LEARN menu at www.carvewright.com

liquidguitars
06-09-2011, 09:32 AM
After my SSD drive quit last week " only lasted three months" I reinstalled win 7 and had the same issue with my iPhone port, moving it to the next USB fixed the issue for me.

mav36
06-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks everyone, But it is still doing it. Even as I am writing this I changed usb ports, It looked and installed the driver like it should but still the same thing. I'll just keep messing with it.

Mav

liquidguitars
06-10-2011, 04:23 PM
Sun's intrerfearence...

mav36
06-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Well!! Will someone turn it OFF then!! It's messing with my pc! Guess I will just go out and check my muffler bearings on my truck.