PDA

View Full Version : LOCATING STOCK ?

Taz
01-13-2007, 07:57 PM
How do you locate a pcs.of stock so that you can carve in a certain place ?
Example I have a plaque to carve a name into the pcs. is in the shape of a heart an there is a box where the name needs to be put.

Taz

BobHill
01-14-2007, 08:29 AM
Taz,

First requirement is that you MUST use wood stock that is rectangular in shape AND that the outside measurements meet the maximum/minimum limitations to the machine. Having said that, you can use either a rectangular "cut out" placing the "heart" inside the cut out, or you can make a sled/carrier that fits the rectangular requirement and have the heart ride in it, centered in both cases to the wood or carrier. Then in Designer, make your work piece measurements fit the outside wood or sled you'll be putting the heart in (and thickness, of course). Do you measurements so you can design the type and font to use for the text and place it accordingly. The machine will be absolutely as accurate as you make your design, but I'd do a test run first. If your wood is set to the same as the outside measurements, and you use your Designer as outlined above, the machine will cut the text as you designed it on this rectangle exactly like it will to your heart. Be sure your heart is tight within the cutout if that's what you use or tacked temporarily to your sled if that's what you use so it doesn't move when being cut by your bit.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Taz
01-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Bob,

Thank You again for the info I am trying to learn how to use softwear but do need help,Thanks to people like you and the others here it maks it a lot less trouble some
Taz

BobHill
01-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Taz,

You are more than welcome. I find that from other's questions and posts, I learn a lot more than any help I may give, that's for sure.

Bob