PDA

View Full Version : Serious insight needed / wanted

Griz64
06-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks for reading this. This is for the guys that do the arts and craft shows. Well actually any shows now that I think about it. How do you guys hear about the shows? What are the most popular items you sell? Are they generally profitable? Is there an average entrance fee or is it all over the place-What is typical? Do you take an inventory with you or do you make it onsight? I am looking to get started in the shows if its not to much of an investment as money is tight these days. Thanks for answering my questions in advance. I hope I get a big response.

rossclark
06-03-2011, 07:49 AM
The average craft show costomer has $20.00 to spend so price your poduct in that range. Start out at a small show ,with low priced rent. You might try a farmers market or street fair.Usally the rent is $ 25.00 or $30.00 per day. Listen to the comment s made by the people who walk thru your booth. THey will tell you what they want. I've been doing craftshows for 32 yrs. GOOD LUCK Ross

rncurrie
06-03-2011, 09:32 AM
You might give this a shot. Festivalnet.com I saw it here a while back and have used it to keep track of shows in the area.
Richard

Digitalwoodshop
06-03-2011, 10:00 AM
I did a bunch of shows in 2007 throught 2009 when the economy was better and made almost all the stuff with my CW. It just depends what you make and the demand. Custom Clocks are always a good seller.

Dropped out of the Craft side this year making Fire Stuff.

Here are some ideas.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
06-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Here are some more ideas.

AL

Digitalwoodshop
06-03-2011, 10:16 AM
And then there is the Cut out stuff with town names....

AL

Digitalwoodshop
06-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Then there is the Sign Possibilities...

This is a very versatile machine and as you can see once you learn the basics and read Tips and Tricks to help you bypass the Pilot Errors that frustrates many. It's been a Whole Two Days and NO Troubleshooting Posts.... In the current configuration the machine is very RELIABLE....

Good Luck

AL

myshop1044
06-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Craft shows can be fun. I attend about 8 a year, some are done 2 times a year at the same place. March to May and then Oct. to Dec. one thing about my products they are unique. My coasters(Corian and other solid surface material) are loved by the women, I have some man cave items, maze toys for the kids. I have some religous items they sell well. I carry some address signs and let them know I do take orders. The cost for a booth space is around here is from $30 to $50 for one day and $100 for 2 days with night guards to protect the booths.
One thing abouts craft shows, if you sell a lot you have to build up your inventory, I carry 2 of everthing.
Try to create somethings that is special to your area. For spring or the holidays create special items for those times.
For Spring I have all my garden signs , yard art , etc. For the holidays ( Oct to Dec.) I have special coasters, tree ornatments, Thanksgivings scenes , Christmas scenes , Holloween scene plaques. The list can on and on.
Hope this help,
E-mail me and I will send you pic of my booths.
Perry