PDA

View Full Version : Memorial day sales

jiml
05-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Am I the only one that is disgusted with companies pimping their products as Memorial Day Sales like that is the reason for the day? It's not a holiday you celebrate but one that is observed.
I know that even if it's something I really want I won't buy it from a company selling it on a "Memorial Day Sale" it doesn't matter if it's a car, mattress, furniture or table top tools.

lynnfrwd
05-30-2011, 09:06 AM
It doesn't disgust me, but it does bother me, just as it does at Christmas, Independence day, Thanksgiving, Veterans Day, and Easter. Remembrance and observation is in the heart of the individual.

It is very important that we remember what the day is about. Today is to remember those that have given all. Those that have died in service to our great country, to protect us both physically and to protect our rights and freedoms.

Thank you jiml for starting this thread and exercising one of those very important freedoms and giving us the opportunity to remember the true reason for Memorial Day.

God bless the U.S.A. and protect those that bravely and selflessly continue in her defense.

CarverJerry
05-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Thank you Connie for the kind words. I would also like to thank the men and women of our Armed Services for making the United States of America for what it is today. May God Bless you, and keep you safe. This also goes for all the guys and gals on our forum who have served our country and are with us today, God Bless you too and thank you for your hard work.

CarverJerry
U.S. Navy

TerryT
05-30-2011, 01:40 PM
In our "Real" business we often are open on many holidays (seasonal business have to be open when they can) and we just as often have a sale. Mothers day is one holiday we are open and our Mothers day sale is to honor and give Mothers a break on something they may want.