PDA

View Full Version : Purchase of Pattern

shoe2728
05-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Hope this is the right place to ask this question. Are the patterns in the store checked out by CW before selling them, the only reason I ask, I looked at a pattern I liked but it just didnt look very good at all. I know its better than I can do, but most of the other patterns on there look so much better. Just wondering what the policy is.
Also if I find a pattern I like but its not in the store, who can I contact about possibly getting one made. thanks

AskBud
05-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Hope this is the right place to ask this question. Are the patterns in the store checked out by CW before selling them, the only reason I ask, I looked at a pattern I liked but it just didnt look very good at all. I know its better than I can do, but most of the other patterns on there look so much better. Just wondering what the policy is.
Also if I find a pattern I like but its not in the store, who can I contact about possibly getting one made. thanks
As a new vendor begins with LHR, they are watched for "glaring errors". As they become established, it becomes their total job to present a good product. Their reputation depends upon quality work. Most will test each pattern to assure the quality, however, one slips by from time to time.

Your key is to "Try" the pattern prior to purchase. You may place it in designer and do everything but actually carve the design.

Should you encounter a "iffy" pattern, note the Vendor and full pattern name and either contact that vendor directly, if possible, or post on the forum and we will assist you in rectifying the situation. Usually the vendor will re-submit a better version. LHR does not alter patterns, they contact the vendor.

Since the Vendor is the only one that may alter the pattern, the above would also apply to patterns where you are requesting a modified version. That version may well become a new pattern in the store.

As to your last question, a true pattern is either for sale or has been posted as a "Free" pattern. Digital photos may be made into patterns (some work better than others). It depends upon the photo/image, the editing software, and the persons ability/talent. "Poor image equals Poor pattern!"

MPC files are not patterns! They may,or may not, contain one or more patterns some of which may require purchase.
AskBud

shoe2728
05-28-2011, 05:02 PM
I really dont like the idea of posting someone's pattern and saying its lousy and starting a feud on here. I did contact the vendor a while back, but rec'd no reply from him. In fact he had the same design on his website that he was carving out, but it was 100% better that the one he selling thru CW. I understand he probably doesnt want to publish his best work, but if Iam paying for it, would certainly like something better that what is for sale

AskBud
05-28-2011, 05:13 PM
I really dont like the idea of posting someone's pattern and saying its lousy and starting a feud on here. I did contact the vendor a while back, but rec'd no reply from him. In fact he had the same design on his website that he was carving out, but it was 100% better that the one he selling thru CW. I understand he probably doesnt want to publish his best work, but if Iam paying for it, would certainly like something better that what is for sale

No feud intended! I just changed the discription to "iffy".
AskBud

shoe2728
05-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Would it be ok for me to PM you with design for your opinion. I also just PM'd you asking same thing

AskBud
05-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Would it be ok for me to PM you with design for your opinion. I also just PM'd you asking same thing
YES, but you must use eMail as PMs can not handle attachments.
AskBud

shoe2728
05-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Sent you email, if you dont get it let me know
thanks

www.carvenow.com
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM

You can always contacting me for custom patterns or for patterns request. Below is the link to my website.
Thanks.