PDA

View Full Version : I can now monitor my CarveWright

Deolman
05-28-2011, 12:17 AM
In January I purchased a D-Link network cam to give me a little security at home when I am gone. When I registered it they asked me to fill out a survey. Usually when I am asked to fill out a survey, I don't because most of the time nothing becomes of them. For some reason I did this time. Two days ago, D-Link sent me a new camera because I took the time to fill out their survey. My workshop is not attached to the house and the camera is wireless. A couple of minutes to set it up and I am now able to monitor my CarveWright.

When I am away I have additional options. I can monitor my two cameras over the internet any time I have a connection to my laptop. With D-Links software the cameras are monitored for any changes in the picture. (Via my home PC.) When the software sees a change, it starts recording video to disk.

I think this new camera will be an asset when I don't want to stay in the workshop when it gets noisy.

dance0001
05-28-2011, 07:42 AM
That is a great idea, as I have done it for years and actually caught a would be theif on camera and the police caught him 3 blocks away with some of my stuff. that was about 3 years ago when I lived in Louisville,Ky. To my knowledge he is still behind bars as a persistent felon. Good for you for being pro-active and best of luck to you. I know my tools are of great value to me and I don't need some thug coming in and stealing them just because they don't want to get a job and work for a living.

gwhiz
05-28-2011, 09:56 AM
That's a great idea. I've got a network camera that I set up to monitor my aquarium when I travel--it's beats the heck out of trying to get my wife to explain what she's seeing when something goes wrong! But the rest of the time it's just sits on a shelf--I may move it into the shop when I'm home! It also has audio so I can hear the CW as well...