PDA

View Full Version : getting started

joe5619
01-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Never in my life have I purchased a bigger piece of crap after 2 weeks I can't even use this piece of junk motor test failures all sorts of codes maybe time for a class action suit.

DustMe
01-13-2007, 04:08 PM
What have they done that would warrant a class action suit against them?

It looks like they are doing everything they can to take care of the problems that their customers are having.

joe5619
01-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Thats funny I haven't heard anything from anybody yet to help and for 2 grand you better be able to pull it out of the box and get to work not spend days on the computer and being on the phone trying to fix something that should have NEVER been released until properlly tested.

Marzluf
01-13-2007, 05:30 PM
That's a pretty bold statement.... Especially since you just joined the forum, haven't given any details about the issues your having, and probably are experiencing a filmware conflict that has been discussed many times...

So...... how about you start over, take a deep breath, and act like an adult that has real concerns...

Heck, if I was in their customer service department I wouldn't help you either with such a strong attitute. I'd tell you to send it back for a full refund and save myself the aggrivation of dealing with you in the future.

Jon Jantz
01-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Maybe they should administer an IQ test before selling them...

I've had problems too, but every one has ended up being my fault and not the machines, so I can't complain.

I guess a lot of people don't realize how complicated the big CNC routers are, and how much they cost. For a machine that can do what the Carvewright can, and how easy it is compared to the other machines on the market... it is a BARGAIN at $2000.

But there WILL be people who never figure out how to run them.... that's what Ebay is for.

Bmac
01-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Hi Joe,

I don't know that a class action suit would be of any help in resolving your issues, if that is your intent.

Given that you've had the machine for 2 weeks, have you been able to talk to the tech support folks?

I received my machine in late November, but because of my schedule, wasn't able to even start it up before mid-December. I had an error that I couldn't correct. Problem was, Carvewright was in the middle of a move to a new facility, it was the holidays and I lost power for 5 days. I was a bit frustrated, to say the least.

I was finally able to reach tech support on the 28th of December....within 10 minutes, they had resolved the issue for me and I was on my way. I've been very satisfied with the performance of the machine and the results of the projects I've been able to complete. Problems that I've experienced since have been the result of my errors.

Give them a chance.

Good luck with the machine!

bobi
01-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Thats funny I haven't heard anything from anybody yet to help and for 2 grand you better be able to pull it out of the box and get to work not spend days on the computer and being on the phone trying to fix something that should have NEVER been released until properlly tested.

Humm, I've had mine for a month, and the CarveWright folks have been excellent in solving the teething problems, even the ones I caused. I suggest you take yours back to Sears and let someone else buy it.

Digitalwoodshop
01-13-2007, 10:35 PM
Quote.... "But there WILL be people who never figure out how to run them.... that's what Ebay is for."

I agree..... There was a whole generation that couldn't stop the blinking 12:00 clock on VCR's in the early 80's, in a time before auto Clock Set.... It was a product way ahead of it's time..... Being in electronics, I found it humorous when first saw a kit sold to fix the problem in a Electronic store.... A package containing different sizes of black electrical tape to put over the flashing 12:00 clock display on the VCR so you could no longer see it. That way your visiting neighbors wouldn't know.... It's just for "Show". Keeping up with the Jones...

I have my own reservations as to my ability to whip that 2K Puppy out of the box and start right up making sawdust. I programmed Fanuc Robots in my Sony days making picture tubes. I work with Corel Draw in my Laser Engraving and Sublimation Business and I know there will be a learning curve to get operational. That's why I have been reading this and other forum's daily to learn what others have to say about the units. This is NOT a Beginner TOOL. This is NOT an hand held Router, operational out of the box. Computers, Software, Firmware, Memory cards, and Programs, are Big Boy Toys.

Looking at the work this machine will be able to do for the price is awesome. I plan a line of 911 home V carved number signs using this machine. I can't wait.

Lets start a Class Action.... That's the answer.... Stop production of units and tie it up in court..... Reminds me of PottyGate in San Diego.... A bunch of girls raided the Men's Room at the Stadium and used the Facilities Standing side by side next to the guys. "One" guy saw the opportunity to "Sue" but HE lost and HE had to pay BOTH SIDES of the court costs. Who won.... The Lawyers.

How does that saying go.... Better to listen with your mouth closed and be though of as something ???? Then to open your mouth and remove all Doubt.

My advice to new owners.... READ Everything on this web sight THEN ask questions.

Good Luck AL

IM2HAPPI
01-14-2007, 04:02 AM
AMEN Al
My machine will be here this next Tuesday and I have been here for hours reading and picking things up here and there, made several notes and even a shopping list.
A question for Joe ? I see you just registered and your first post was far from being nice. Did you bother reading anything on here say like....the announcement page ? Did you even bother opening the manual before you plugged it in ? Im sure somewhere in there (manual) is a tech support number, did you bother calling them ? How about emailing CarveWright with your concerns ? Joe says for 2 grand you better be able to pull it out of the box and get to work not spend days on the computer and being on the phone trying to fix something.
My husband knows our woodshop tools inside and out. He knows computers far better than I but this is my baby so thats why Im here.
He has been here as well but is giving this machine to me. Im thinking he wants me in his shop more :wink: Thats cool with me after 36 years.
Our society has become so "instant" I want it now and dont want to learn or do anything for it. If you have the bucks, thats all they want to put towards it. Joe my suggestion is get your money back and buy some carving tools and learn some patience first. Hand carving will help teach you that.

pkunk
01-14-2007, 10:46 AM
I agree with you all. Joe needs an attitude adjustment! Reminds me of a guy I sold a biscuit jointer to on Ebay. I advertised it as well used, and priced accordingly. He gave me bad feedback saying it was used, dirty and had a dull blade. WTF? Read tha FAQ's also. Lots of answers there.

Dan-Woodman
01-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Lets get back to Joe's problem,
Have you registered your product with carvewright?

menewfy
01-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Joe please realize it is a new product and even though i had to send mine in i am still reserving my decision on returning it.

also with the possibilities i have in mind for this machine i figured it might taking some getting used to.

just to put it into perspective it is not a flash light or something with just an on/off switch.

i called carvewright and told them i was having an issue, they called me back within 5 mins and he was on the phone with me trying to fix it for about 45 mins and then we found the source of the problem.

i found it very helpful to talk to them so go to the phone and give them a chance i will even give you the phone number so you dont have to look it up. nice and easy just for you

1-713-473-6572

linehook
01-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Me thinks that Joe needs a diaper change! :oops:

I have been using a whole host of programs such as Corel and Paint shop and a shop full of big boy tools for a number of years. I think that like all new peices of equipment that there is a big learning curve. I am going out to Sears to order my machine tommorrow!

The Bard
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
try 1-713-473-6545 right now. It'll get you through faster at the moment.

Joe, My name is Chris, if you ask for me I should be able to help you with your issue.