PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone! I am a newbie - Donavan Lane

DonavanLane
05-23-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello Everyone,
I am a newbie to the forum after recently purchasing a CarveWright Model C last week.
I purchased the machine so that I could make more accurate Inlays for Grandfather clocks that I have a hobby of building.
I recently posted a question on how to create Inlays as when I create the female and male inlay outlines I cannot seem to get them to match perfectly.
Any Inlay Experts out there?

chebytrk
05-23-2011, 12:49 PM
Greetings and Welcome to the family. I'm sure you'll get some suggestions as soon as the "Obie Whans" get a chance to figure this out.

Old Salt
05-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Welcome

To help a little you can cut the line on inside and outside or offeset the cut to get the fit.
cut the insert from the back the taper of 7: in the bit will help it fit tight .
keep working with it not as eazy as it sound .
there is a small cutting bit you can use that will help .

lynnfrwd
05-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Welcome to CarveWright Family! I see you found the forum! Great group of people and just full of information!

badger2424
05-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Donavan, little late but wecome. Lots of great guys and gals here!!

rcdages
05-29-2011, 09:20 AM
Hello Donavan,

Welcome to the family of CarveWright.

We are all here to help in any way.

Have fun and enjoy this Great Machine.

Capt Bruce
05-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the Forum Donavan,

You'll get plenty of expert advice here in the family of the Forum. In addition it helps to identify where you live as you may find experienced users near by who can offer assistance and perhaps even hands on help when it's needed.

badger
05-29-2011, 10:31 AM
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?1258-Inlays

Try this thread and if you need more try advanced search with Inlays in title.

Welcome to the forums

ktjwilliams
06-03-2011, 11:31 PM
A Belated welcome to the Forum.... Any problems U can possibly have,,, Can be resolved here... It would help if U put your location,, U may be right across the street from another member !!!