PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Belts

chebytrk
05-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Greetings All... Just wanted to double check on something concerning the Rubber Belts change out. I changed out to the new rubber belts yesterday and had a small issue, but I got around it. When trying to compress the springs to remove the sand paper belts I was not able to place the pin, but only on one side. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't compress the other end enough to see the complete hole and place the pin in it. I was able to still slide the belt off and figured if I could do that then I could also slide on the new belts as well and I did. Belts still lined up fine. All in all everything else went fine and the instructions were good. Only thing I'm not too sure about was in replacing the new "O" ring. I took off the old one, but I'm almost sure that the old "O" ring was on the left side of the "teeth" on the brass roller. However when I placed the new "O" ring it slipped on easily and snug on the right side groove of the roller teeth.. (sprocket.. whatchamacalit). The picture on the instructions looks like it should be on that right side, but I'm not sure. So.... should it be on the left or right side of the teeth on the brass roller as you're looking down on it and pad side is on the left. I'm glad I did this cause it needed a good cleaning inside those covers. Haven't cranked it up yet, but I'll try to do that this afternoon. Everything else checked out fine.. Thanks all.... JerryB

fwharris
05-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Jerry,

The O ring should go in the grove closest to the key board side if you have the old style brass roller. I believe the picture in the instructions is the new style roller. When I did my upgrade I first installed the O ring in the outer groove but after checking here on the forum and re reading the instructions I found out other wise.

How did your recalibratioin go? It took me several runs to get it right..

Kenm810
05-23-2011, 09:45 AM
Jerry,

I knew I had a photo of the two around here some place,
it just took me a while to find them.

atauer
05-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Its actually the same design. The one on the right has a metal bracket over the center, to help eliminate the hole getting punched through the the center, like the one on the left has going. When a hole appears in those, it can cause depth measurement issues.

chebytrk
05-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Jerry,

The O ring should go in the grove closest to the key board side if you have the old style brass roller. I believe the picture in the instructions is the new style roller. When I did my upgrade I first installed the O ring in the outer groove but after checking here on the forum and re reading the instructions I found out other wise.

How did your recalibratioin go? It took me several runs to get it right..

Thanks for the info. I'll be doing the calibration test today. Wish me luck......
JerryB

gregsolano
05-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Glad to see you got it. Good Job.