PDA

View Full Version : Sharing John Cockrell's Signs

fwharris
05-22-2011, 01:42 AM
I got an invite from a good carving buddy, John Cockrell, to come and sit/visit with him at his tables he rented at a gun show in Loveland Co. I asked John if I could take a few pictures and share them here. His reply was "sure is supposes so, why not!"

John and his wife live in a motor coach/home and are in route from Arizona to a national park campground on the western slope (Grandby) of Colorado where they manage it for the summer.

John is strictly a sign carver. Most of the signs are his display samples and he takes orders for custom signs to be carved.

Micheal T,,,, John said to say hello and hope all is going well!!

Icutone2
05-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Very nice looking signs. Thanks for showing them.
Lee

LittleRedWoodshop
05-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Those are some very nice signs .....

mtylerfl
05-22-2011, 11:11 PM
FW,

Thank you for posting the pics of John's signs...he does GREAT work! Please tell him I said "hi" and that I am very impressed with his skills!

fwharris
05-23-2011, 12:18 AM
FW,

Thank you for posting the pics of John's signs...he does GREAT work! Please tell him I said "hi" and that I am very impressed with his skills!

Michael, I will see him around mid week and will make sure I pass it along..yes he does do great signs with a very good finish job. I especially like his cedar ones. Talked with him today to see how things were going and he had not made any sales. Lots of traffic but all just lookers... But he did say 2 guys were very interested in the CW. I did take over some hand outs with my card so will see if I get any calls..

rcdages
05-23-2011, 12:23 AM
FW,

Thank you for sharing the sign photo's. He dose nice work.

chebytrk
05-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Real Nice......

JDPratt
05-23-2011, 11:17 AM
He's living the dream, getting to travel and do woodworking at the same time. My Grandparents did the same thing in retirement by traveling to different campgrounds around the U.S. and managing them for other campers. I hope sales improve for him and he does well. Great looking signs.