PDA

View Full Version : z Axis Stall

dspadell
01-13-2007, 11:09 AM
I just got my new board sensor and engine pack installed to correct my first problems now I get a z axis stall. I checked to make sure everything was clear, also checked my firmware 1.115 anyone have a suggestion what to do?

Jeff_Birt
01-13-2007, 11:45 AM
You have to be careful when putting in the Z-Axis drive. It's easy to get it a little off and make the drive belt too tight or bind the brass gear against the Z-truck housing. You shouyld be aboe to raise lower the Z-Axis by hand with just a little effort. It took me a few attempts to get it right.

dspadell
01-13-2007, 12:15 PM
I checked the tension on the belt the truck seems to move freely

dspadell
01-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Jeff
do you have any tips to help me with this. Attempted several times with adjusting the belt tension still getting z axis stall?

Jeff_Birt
01-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Can you move the Z-Axis by hand?

dspadell
01-13-2007, 02:50 PM
yes I can move it by hand

Jeff_Birt
01-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Does the Z-axis move at all when you try to run the machine?

dspadell
01-13-2007, 11:35 PM
truck moves to the top and stops

nlmcnamara
01-14-2007, 10:52 AM
I have my new machine Jan 12. saw the video how easy to use..I cut 2 simple cuts using the installed CW applications, Then the machine shut down and says Z axis Stall, I read the forums on this but it does not apply because mine came with the head installed, I belive these were ones that had to be replaced mine is only 1 hour in use old..Any Ideas? :

Big John
01-14-2007, 11:43 AM
I had the same z stall when i got my cw. I found the z axes flag not blocking the censer before it hits the pin at the top of the z track. I adjusted the metal flag to block the censer before it hits the pin on top of z track and it worked.

Good Luck Big John

dspadell
01-15-2007, 10:18 AM
adjusted the flag still have the problem. I am attempting to call carvewright now but everytime the phone rings after 5 times the line disconnects.

BobHill
01-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Are you calling 1-713-473-6545 ? I've called them twice today and quickly got an answer each time, but I suspect at times that's one busy number with all the new machines they are selling via SEARS.

Bob

steevo
01-15-2007, 12:51 PM
Hmmm.. not the same number tech support gave me through email. I have been trying 713-473-6572. Just tried your number - not sure but it seemed like someone picked up and hung up.. Probably a tough day to work at carvewright.

David M.
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM
steevo, this is their first morning in a new building, they've have been moving the entire company to a larger facility. The phone lines moved as well. Try to be a little patient.

steevo
01-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I am trying to be patient. I do want this to work, but I was looking for a hobby, not a career. I am willing to suck tons of time for the learning curve, but if the thing keeps breaking down I just can't keep it.

Bob, Just curious, did you need to call twice for new issues today? How often do you need to call for support?

I understand glitches and troubleshooting - I am a software developer by trade. But I also understand testing and making sure the product is ready for prime time - I have my doubts about how much testing was done on the sears production models that just hit the stores.

Just venting a bit - hopefully I will be on with tech support soon and I won't be going back to Sears. I should have known when the biggest label on the box says 'Made In China'. hehehe

David M.
01-15-2007, 01:30 PM
I posted this earlier on a differant thread but it applies here as well.

After the teting that I and the other Beta testers did over the last 2 years this machine was ready. It still has it's bugs but what machine this complicated doesn't.

It seem to me that the issues with the new machines come from the fact that the original machines were worked on directly by the CW people. These new ones are comming off an assemble line in mass and being assembled by hourly workers. Untill those workers are up to speed with the potential issues they will keep assembling them as they were tought.

This is purely a issue at the production level, my machine has never had any of these new issue that are popping up with this production run. Also notice it's the same several issues over and over. So those of you with these new machines should be patiant and not fly off the handle as some have. There is a reason they call it the "BLEEDING EDGE OF TECNOLOGY".

Don't jump in this early if your not willing to work some bugs out with the CW people. There are going to be bugs no matter how careful the CW people are. They are being supplied the parts for production and if some of the parts are not being made to spec, do we blame CW people or those that made them incorectly to start?

BobHill
01-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Steve,

I have two side by side computers (with two screen that each can use at a time) and I needed to upgrade my software to the 1.115 version on both machines. I got the code for the first machine and it was supposed to work on the second, but didn't so Deidre had to provide me with another.

I'm one of the Beta buyers and have had problems from time to time, but certainly nothing that required a "new" machine. I'm also a hobbist, but perhaps I have more patience. After all, I've been playing with computers since the 70's and if you have ever gotten software without bugs, it couldnt have been very sophisticated ... and if you're a programmer, haven't you ever had a program with bugs? .... Really?

Bob

steevo
01-15-2007, 02:01 PM
I am going to hold off on more comments as I am still trying to get a hold of tech support. I think that is fantastic you have been able to speak with them twice. That must make it easier to deal with problems.