PDA

View Full Version : Can anybody clean up this image?? $$$

KRD-REC
05-19-2011, 05:23 PM
I have a retirement party coming up soon and the big boss wants this plaque made with this simple image to scribe on it.

I simply don't have the time to clean it up in pattern editor.

Is there someone out there that can do this quick? It's for a Forest Service employee retireing after 40+ years of service.

I can email the pattern in jpeg.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!44708
http://forum.carvewright.com/images/misc/pencil.png

edzbaker
05-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Someone might do a better job of it than this, and, it still needs to be converted from a PDF to your prefered format.
(I tried......)

eelamb
05-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Not sure if you want the image cleaned up or a pattern from the image. Edzbaker cleaned it up, I extracted the PDF, and make a pattern, just in case that is what you wanted.

bjbethke
05-19-2011, 11:45 PM
I have a retirement party coming up soon and the big boss wants this plaque made with this simple image to scribe on it.

I simply don't have the time to clean it up in pattern editor.

Is there someone out there that can do this quick? It's for a Forest Service employee retireing after 40+ years of service.

I can email the pattern in jpeg.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!!44708
http://forum.carvewright.com/images/misc/pencil.png

Will This work?

KRD-REC
05-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry it won't work. There is no definition. Same problem I had when I did try and convert this. It has to be more like the original picture.

Does pattern editor always do this? I though by purchasing this program it was going to be A LOT easier.

Thanks for your help though. Any more suggestions?

Jeff_Birt
05-20-2011, 01:08 PM
The problem is that the original artwork is not very good. Can you get a larger, sharper copy of the image that is NOT a JPG file (and has never been a JPG.) The JPG compression process causes a loss of definition on sharp edges. If you start with a higher resolution original than you'll be able to make a lot better pattern.

KRD-REC
05-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Negative on the original image. It was scanned off a document, best I can do. Thanks for the info.

Still, is there any other way?

Kenm810
05-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I tried cleaning it up a bit with just "Paint.Net" -- Like mentioned above being a jpg file,
a higher resolution picture png file would be easier to work with.

eelamb
05-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Nice job Ken, I now know what it should look like.

KRD-REC
05-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks EVERYBODY for your help, especially Kenm810!