PDA

View Full Version : error

lonnie.hepler
05-19-2011, 02:50 AM
I just recently replaced the flex shaft of my carvewright and ever since i have none of my projects have come out right. About a quarter of the way through the project i get a y axis error. I don’t know what is causing it. I have cleaned the machine thoroughly, lubed all moving parts, and cleaned the censors. I have no idea what is going on but i have wasted a lot of stock trying to figure what the heck is going on. Can anyone help please?

gregsolano
05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
I am sure you will get lots of help but to start with here is a manual with a list of errors and what to do about them.

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

unitedcases
05-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Definitely check the bearings for the Y axis on the back of the Z truck, the ones that slide on top of the Y rail. I shoot mine with Wd-40 every chance I get. I would also check the area in the track under the the Y axis belt. Dust can build up; under there. Also check the pivot roller at the end of the Y axis track to make sure it is moving fairly freely. Last but not least I would pull the cover off and check all the wires to make sure nothing is pinching or being stretched too far. Let us know how it goes.