PDA

View Full Version : Carving azek

kenrik
05-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I've been carving Azek for two years now and it's a great product to work with....BUT it is very messy and loaded with static. Here's a link to a dust collection system I built to combat the problem. The Vac. shoe ( Azek ) was designed and milled using the Carvewright. The material being carved is also Azek.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tegcnc

PS. All the marks on the roller pressure head in the video are the remnents of Duct Tape ( taping shop vac heads used to be a real PITA ) :rolleyes:

gregsolano
05-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I would be interested in seeing the mpc for the vac boot and learning more about it. Is there interference with large boards and the vac system hitting the side of the machine? Do you have to remove it when the bit measuring sequence is happening? It seems as though the clear cover has to be completely removed as well. this definitely seems to be one of the most efficient systems I have seen. I use the fletcher DC which is also carved on the machine.

Dhaffner
05-18-2011, 05:17 PM
that shoe system is very very cool, Kenrik...looks like it probably requires the total removal of the cover?

LittleRedWoodshop
05-18-2011, 05:41 PM
that is totally cool ... interested in more information about what you have to do to the machine to get it to work

DickB
05-18-2011, 08:10 PM
You're the second one to post a system like this and I'm becoming convinced it is the way to go provided bit plate and other issues are or can be managed. Thanks for sharing.

Icutone2
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
I agree with the posts, Looks great. please don't keep all of us in the dark, respond soon.
Lee

unitedcases
05-19-2011, 11:56 AM
No kidding. Seems to be really efficient. What do the MPC's look like? And what does the parts list look like to go with it?

rcdages
05-19-2011, 02:08 PM
I've been carving Azek for two years now and it's a great product to work with....BUT it is very messy and loaded with static. Here's a link to a dust collection system I built to combat the problem. The Vac. shoe ( Azek ) was designed and milled using the Carvewright. The material being carved is also Azek.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tegcnc

PS. All the marks on the roller pressure head in the video are the remnents of Duct Tape ( taping shop vac heads used to be a real PITA ) :rolleyes:

Can you provide us with more information on this system or photo's ?

Woodhacker
06-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I am another user who would REALLY like to see more about this system. Please provide us with some specs!! Thanks.