PDA

View Full Version : Two Handles Only on Text

jaroot
05-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Can anyone explain to me what I'm doing that causes the Text elements in Designer to only have a handle "red dot" on the top and bottom of the left side of the element?

I've got two different projects open in designer and one has all of the handles including the yellow ones. And the other only has the two. If I copy and past the mutli handled element into the two handle project it aquires the two handle issue and well.

Further if I copy and past the two handled element into the "normal" project it regains all of it's handles.

????

Digitalwoodshop
05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
A Screen Shot would be nice and if you can, post the .mpc..... Also tell us what Font is used as we may not have it loaded and it will substitute I believe.... Lately it shows up in the Font List as not installed if you click on the text....

Hey... Could that be it... You copied the project with someone else's font and you don't have it on your computer.... what shows up in the Font Box when you click on the text?

AL

jaroot
05-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Al you must live next to your computer! You are always there to help and I appreciate that.

Here is a screen shot. Text is Comic Sans, which I believe is a default windoze font. Both boards are open in designer. Cutting and pasting one from one board to the other and the text element takes on the properties of the board being pasted too.

The only thing that comes to mind is that the text was added last on the offending board and, obviously, the text was added first on the "normal" board.

Tried to add MPC but it is too large.

Digitalwoodshop
05-17-2011, 09:17 PM
WOW... I see what you are seeing... I can't duplicate it.... Is it in a Carve Region? Conforming Text? Pattern Editor doing it?

Yes, I am here a lot... 10 PM and started a hour carve to cut some new tags as I made the new tag product 1/4 inch too long.... They hang on the front of the picture tag and say "Chief" or other officers..... First batch last October was too short.... This batch was too long.... The next Batch will be Just Right.... There a little Red Something about "SOUP"????? Too cold, Too hot, and Just Right...LOL....

And I was correct, I did have 1 broken tooth on my X Drive.... And for the first time the Right Belt was rolled up under the keypad..... A 1/2 inch.... Fixed that too.....

Now back to drilling some tags... Have 3 orders I wanted to go out on Monday but I found errors in all 3.... Making replacement Tags.... It's just air bubbles but I want them perfect.... They will go out tomorrow...

10 AM to Midnight...

AL

jaroot
05-17-2011, 09:24 PM
Yeah its weird. It has happened to me a couple of times and I still don't know what causes it. The text in question is just on the surface of the board, centerline no conforming or anything like that.

On another topic my y drive is making a bit more noise than normal and I suspect that that may be contributing to the bit flag not coming out all the way. Do you know if you can buy the y gear set as a part or do you have to purchase the whole motor assembly?

Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
05-17-2011, 10:18 PM
It is just the two bearings inside the gear box... 5 x 11 x 5 mm Lots of posts on them... you can buy them local.

Cleaning the Y rails helps too, especially the bottom on as it gets hit with sawdust and the flat part of the rod roller bearings packs it on the side of the rails.

Plus check the wires for the Cut Motor and be sure they are tucked in the corner. That prevents the Bit Flag sometimes.

Got my tags done, Vector Cut.... Now to do the Art and make the tags before I quit tonight....

AL

jaroot
05-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Thanks Al I'll check into the bearings. While you were busy working away my son and I ran up the canyon to check out a couple of the four-wheelers to make sure they are ready for this weekend.

Thanks again.
Jim