PDA

View Full Version : Hi

displayit
01-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Im playing with the free version how can I layout rectangle patterns on one board to be cutout and routered

Kurtsara
01-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Im playing with the free version how can I layout rectangle patterns on one board to be cutout and routered

You can't have a rectangle cut out of a bigger board and the side of the rectangle routed because the rest of the wood is still there, when you cut something the machine leaves tabs to keep it connected to the scrap so it will still move in the machine

Dan-Woodman
01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Here is a picture of a rectangle cut out with the edge routed. hope this helps.

mobident
01-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Dan,
Could you list the steps to produce it?
Bruce

Dan-Woodman
01-15-2007, 07:55 PM
I did this in just a few seconds , but here goes.
drawing, rectangle,select bit,set depth of bit, select another rectangle , place in center of bit path, select cut path, 1/8" bit , set bit to wood depth.
WHEN you upload it , select autojig and it will leave tabs conected to the outside frame.
Hope this gets it.

You could also center each rectangle with the second -- cut path bit, 5/8" larger than the first. centered.

Or you could just cut your rectangle to size on the table saw and use the rout feature in the carvwright.

Kurtsara
01-16-2007, 04:22 AM
I always thought a bit to rout the side of a board was not a plunge type bit, guess I learned something today also. Thanks

BobHill
01-16-2007, 08:41 AM
Don,

I've not tried routing as yet, and your example caught me also off guard. I also thought that routing only could be done (or should be done) on the outside of the work wood and always wondered how it could do that to the inside guide area. Now I see and also see why the bearing tip can't be used. Now that makes sense.

Bob

Dan-Woodman
01-16-2007, 08:22 PM
I made my sister a complete set of kitchen cabinits out of MDF and routed a design in the doors to look like raised panals with an arch on the top.
Only thing is , it made seven passes per door but the design for each door was a differant size so it was easy to go back in Designer , change size and do the next door..
I also drilled the adjustable shelf holes with the cw. Works great.

Autodoc
01-17-2007, 02:46 PM
I made my sister a complete set of kitchen cabinits out of MDF and routed a design in the doors to look like raised panals with an arch on the top.
Only thing is , it made seven passes per door but the design for each door was a differant size so it was easy to go back in Designer , change size and do the next door..
I also drilled the adjustable shelf holes with the cw. Works great.

All I can say is WOW - I hadn't thought of that one yet - Do you have any pictures you can post - I would love to see your work!!!
Unfortunatly most of my upper cabinits are too large (would need to split the design - a little too advanced for a biginner like me.)

I am however planning on doing a disney design in the drawers and maybe an appliqué for the upper cabinits -- they wife is REALLY into disney and I am taking some of the pictures I have taken and trying to come up with a design for the kitchen. Can't wait to get my CW so I can start killing some MDF and pine testing different ideas.

This forum is great for ideas -- you guys (and gals) have great imaginations - I only hope my work comes out half as good as what I have seen here.

Dan-Woodman
01-17-2007, 03:36 PM
nO PICTURES, SORRY.

Autodoc
01-18-2007, 03:29 PM
nO PICTURES, SORRY.

Oh well, I guess I just need to use my imaganation!

Dan-Woodman
01-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I don't have any real pictures of the finished kitchen but I still have the designer pictures of the doors if that would help any.

Autodoc
01-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Cool thanks -- that gives me some ideas and a head start on a project! :D