PDA

View Full Version : error message

vintagecop
05-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Where can I find error messages? I have tracking roller failed "E E49-3020

Is there a list of these messages post anywhere?

Jim

fwharris
05-15-2011, 11:10 PM
Where can I find error messages? I have tracking roller failed "E E49-3020

Is there a list of these messages post anywhere?

Jim

Jim,

Here is the new (released during the conference) trouble shooting guide. Note that it does reference the error code numbers.. This is on the support / maintenance tab..

http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

Digitalwoodshop
05-15-2011, 11:38 PM
WOW that is an interesting PDF... I am printing it out..... And rarely do I print out maintenance PDF's.....

Thanks for posting it....

Since the X Motor has a Encoder in it and the X also uses the Brass Roller.... I never knew if the machine ever looked at the encoder or weather is was even wired as if you call up the X Encoder Data I "Thought" that the LCD displayed the Brass Roller Data.... something to look at or ASK...

All 4 of my machines are "A" machines and this picture shows the cooling fins even with the back of the X Motor Encoder like the early Z Motors. The Z Bundle introduced the shorter Cooling Fins to have less problems with the Bit Plate was my "GUESS"....

Just the basic concept of your Error, I would expect that the Brass Roller has been slipping on the board.... Masking Tape has been used to improve the contact between the board and the Brass Roller... Really CHEAP Insurance as a slipping X can snap a $40.00 bit and make some pretty Firewood.... The Masking Tape forums a Rack and Pinion in the soft tape.... And My Stock in Masking Tape is slipping... so buy twice what you need.... Remember a Board Foot Of Masking Tape is always Cheaper than a Board Foot of PINE. Cheap Insurance....

OR the board could have tipped up when it came out from under the roller and lost contact with the board... OR a In or Out Feed Tray could be too HIGH lifting the board off the roller... OR there is a sliver of wood missing from the Brass Roller Track of the Wood.

AL

fwharris
05-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Al no problem on the post. they got a big thanks from everyone on this announcment!