PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Redux; 'The CW Cometh'

Rearden
05-14-2011, 09:26 PM
So last week I finally get around to placing my order for a new machine. My original post here about my experience at Woodcraft, and their apparent indifference to the CW - which I had noticed for the very first time in their catalog, was still on my mind as I prepared to send my shekels direct to Texas. Since I've spent the equivalent of a small chateau in the south of France at the crack store over the years, I thought that I might at least give the guys there a chance to earn my business. Of course there was the added incentive of trying to save a few beans in the process.

The owner of our local store has several other stores in the tri-state area I believe, and he's always treated me very squarely, so I figured it was at least worth a shot. I must admit however that my expectations were not very high. (Kind'a like the feelin' I get when I realize that my wife's day off coincides with my tee time).

Well as usual, my insights were too smart by half. Imagine my surprise when he sent me a quote - including freight, extended warranty, all the bells and whistles AND the requisite tithe to Satan (our State abyss,...er, government) that was short enough of the direct buy cost that I had enough left to buy a bunch of patterns. (Wha'...did ya think I was gonna save it or somethin'? Like Moss Hart said, "You can't take it with you". Besides...my money's loosing value so fast - thank you Mr. Federal Reserve - that I may as well "stimulate the economy" a little more).

Yeah well that was my second (um, wait a minute...there was wife number first...then wife number last...O.K., I got it now)...rather my third big mistake. I'm cruisin' around, clickin' away..."Eeeew...that looks cool, hey that's neat,...man I don't feel like compiling that from scratch," and wha'dya know? I go to check out and...900 DOLLARS!?!?

I haven't even seen the box yet and I can already see that I'm gonna need help.
Oh I don't mean help unscramblin' the stuff that I'm certain will get screwed up by the "stupid machine" that can't make me read the directions twice. I mean the kind'a help that folks fall down twelve steps and go ta meetin's for...you know, therapy.

Then it dawned on me, that's the real purpose of this forum idn't it. This is just one big internet support group for people that spent all of their medical insurance premiums buyin' tools. Heck man...count me in!

You guys servin' anythin' stronger than coffee? :)

For the record...bein' as I'm a tripolar paranoid schizophrenic with latent oppositional defiance disorder issues...I cancelled the pattern order. At least til I get the CW plugged in.
'Course, then it's gonna be Katie bar the door. I can almost hear it now:

Wife Number Last to Too Smart By Half, "Hey...Fred McMurray! Did you pay the mortgage company this month?"

Soon to be King Shizzle on Turd Island, "Of Course! Wha'dya think I'm some kind'a ..."
Well I'm sure the rest is familiar enough to all those suffering in marital bliss to fill in the blanks... ;)

Oooh, this is gonna be great! (said like Flounder in Animal House).

So's anybody got any favorites...patterns I mean? (shhh...I think she's got her gun) :):)

lynnfrwd
05-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Welcome again to the family. I look forward to trying to follow all of your schitzophrenic posts!! LOL!!!

Rearden
05-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah...you and me and I both.

Welcome again to the family. I look forward to trying to follow all of your schitzophrenic posts!! LOL!!!

pkunk
05-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Rearden, you'll find many user posted patterns & projects (MPCs) on the pattern sharing forum here. Try a bunch of them before you spend the rest of your life's savings.

Rearden
05-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Many thanks. As for savings...well between the "Flash Crash", the Fed, wife and kids...my only real objective is to spend whatever I can before my family has me declared mentally incompetent. So far I've beatin' them to the punch. :)