PDA

View Full Version : Z Truck Roller Bearings Tighting!!

mannwranglers
05-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm having alot of trouble trying to get the roller bearings on the Z Truck to tighten!!
I'm using the Rock Chuck, so does having that little washer on the bottom roller bearing really matter??

Out of the 8 machine screws that I ordered from CW.....I've already broken 5!
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!!

I've watched the video on CW on installing the carvetight.....& it doesn't seem to help!!

Please email me with any ideas!!!!
Email: mannwranglers@hotmail.com

Digitalwoodshop
05-14-2011, 02:11 PM
The washer is VERY inportant.... Without it, the tapered head of the screw will wedge and snap the metal casting.... Later castings were heavier in that location....

Here is my Trick for tightening the cam bearing...

Paint the flat closest to the screw hole with nail polish. This is the flat that needs to be facing out when the bearing is at top dead center and closed tight on to the rails.

Place your wrench on the nut with the painted flat facing out. Tighten the screw to a snug fit and check movement up and down...

Now hold the screw with the screw driver and un do the wrench 1/8 of a turn. Snug the screw 1/8 of a turn.

Now holding the screw, tighten the wrench 1/8 of a turn. This should do it.... TOO tight and you snap off the screw.... Too Loose and the screw will turn the cam bearing.

AL

jaroot
05-15-2011, 11:18 PM
We replaced our screws with allan head bolts and haven't had any problem with them at all.

Vanneta
01-28-2019, 07:26 PM
I've replaced all eight roller bearings, but the ones on the front of the Z-truck seem to have too much slack. Any suggestions, out there?

fwharris
01-28-2019, 07:33 PM
Are they the adjustable bearings, right side of the Z truck? You might not have them loaded/tightened correctly.

Vanneta
01-28-2019, 07:41 PM
I'm having alot of trouble trying to get the roller bearings on the Z Truck to tighten!!
I'm using the Rock Chuck, so does having that little washer on the bottom roller bearing really matter??

Out of the 8 machine screws that I ordered from CW.....I've already broken 5!
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please let me know!!

I've watched the video on CW on installing the carvetight.....& it doesn't seem to help!!

Please email me with any ideas!!!!
Email: mannwranglers@hotmail.com

Did anyone ever answer your question? We're having this issue, now.

fwharris
01-28-2019, 08:32 PM
See if these might help you...

http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Service_instructions/CarveWright_service_replace_z-truck.pdf

http://support.carvewright.com/carvetight-installation-and-use/

Vanneta
01-28-2019, 09:09 PM
Thank you so much. We'll try these and let you know. Thanks, again.

Vanneta
01-28-2019, 10:28 PM
Okay. We got them done. Thank you. Now, if you have any suggestions for our next issue, it would be greatly appreciated. We have two of these machines. We've replaced the bearings in both of them. The first one, which we did last month, is now giving a Z-Axis stall message. We haven't tried out the one you helped us with tonight, yet. We'll try that one out, hopefully, tomorrow. Nonetheless, is there anything we may be missing that's causing that Z-Axis stall message on that first one?

Mugsowner
01-29-2019, 04:51 AM
Being you replaced bearing on both, is there a chance you may have the bearing to tight on the z axis on this one?

fwharris
01-29-2019, 10:23 AM
Okay. We got them done. Thank you. Now, if you have any suggestions for our next issue, it would be greatly appreciated. We have two of these machines. We've replaced the bearings in both of them. The first one, which we did last month, is now giving a Z-Axis stall message. We haven't tried out the one you helped us with tonight, yet. We'll try that one out, hopefully, tomorrow. Nonetheless, is there anything we may be missing that's causing that Z-Axis stall message on that first one?

Check the FFC cable for any cracks or breaks. Also verify that all of the Z bearings are tight and adjusted correctly.