PDA

View Full Version : Locating Files

Icutone2
05-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Does anybody know where the pattern or pattern files are kept and how can I view them, to be added to and sorted out. Thanks in advance for any and all help in this matter.
Lee

cnsranch
05-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Lee

Are you talking about where they are on your computer?

If so, they're here:

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\CarveWright

However, they can't be sorted there - they have to be sorted within Designer - you can drag and drop them into any order you want.

Icutone2
05-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Thanks Jerry I will give that a try.
Lee

ktjwilliams
05-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey Guyz,,,, Saved me the trouble of asking the question .... Anyway, I did try to drag and drop the patterns in designer... No Go !! So where O where can these files be... any help would be appreciated... I have a lot of disorganized patterns.... I have made several new folders and now need to get the patterns into the appropriate catagory....

badger
05-14-2011, 07:56 PM
Hey Guyz,,,, Saved me the trouble of asking the question .... Anyway, I did try to drag and drop the patterns in designer... No Go !! So where O where can these files be... any help would be appreciated... I have a lot of disorganized patterns.... I have made several new folders and now need to get the patterns into the appropriate catagory....

When the pattern tool area on the right is opened up you can create your new folder, click and drag your pattern into the folder you want it in. You can then delete your custom folder you had set up prior to that. Do that by right clicking on your folder title and delete it.

ktjwilliams
05-15-2011, 12:07 AM
No Go !!! the patterns will not drag and drop from one folder to another ,,, I can't create a new folder,, Etc.... The only options I'm getting is "delete" "rename" "export"...

Something ain't right here.... There should be a way to organize the library.... I had a problem with the computer a few weeks ago,,, maybe something in CW software got messed up... I know my internet explorer was messed up and lost all bookmarks,, When searching for em,,, found that they all became hidden... After checking the rest of the Laptop,,, I found that a lot of things were changed to hidden... Even cleared all the contacts from my Iphone which was plugged in charging... Hmmmm !!!

cestout
05-15-2011, 06:48 PM
You can not move the files that came with the program, but stuff you added should be movable.
Clint

badger
05-15-2011, 08:34 PM
You can not move the files that came with the program, but stuff you added should be movable.
Clint

Actually you can, however you cannot delete the original or the folder.

petz29
05-16-2011, 07:21 AM
I am having the same problem. what do I do?

AskBud
05-16-2011, 10:40 AM
I am having the same problem. what do I do?
Petz,
My "Download" link, below, has two lessons on "Organization". See if that helps you. Be aware that you may make folders and folders within folder (Nested Folders). Also remember that in order to drag and drop, both folders must be open within the Designer library.
AskBud

ktjwilliams
05-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Well I had the honor today to speak live with one of the legends of the Carvewright world ,,, ASKBUD.... Wish it was in person rather then on the phone so I could've gotten an autograph. Well he worked with me to resolve the issue of organizing my library. So I'm sure when I get more time tonite I'll start organizing. I made such a mess out of it that it should take 2 or 3 dayzzzz. Thank you very much Bud.

Kevin

lynnfrwd
03-27-2014, 11:00 PM
Bumping this information. Bud's still teaching us. Miss you, bud.

lynnfrwd
03-27-2014, 11:03 PM
We have a new batch of askbuds emerging. Still a lot of legends out there. It's been great watching this group evolve.

ktjwilliams
04-06-2014, 12:54 PM
Yes we have,, and I appreciate each and every one of em ... Just to let you helpers know that you are loved,, We may not always comment but we are reading and enjoying your post N help .... Thanks Much ...

Kevin