PDA

View Full Version : Z-truck repair

Celticwood
05-12-2011, 08:38 AM
I got my new beariing for my Z-truck. I have printed the 15 pages of instructions fo replacing it. This is no easy repair. The question that haunts me is why the holding screw head broke off in the first place. I was doing very light work at the time. If I replace the bearing , is this going to happen again because of some mysterious problem?? Any suggestions?

Jerry

quarrydesigns
05-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Best guess is that the screw was over torqued at some point and the loc tite had been holding together, careful wrench work should prevent it from happening again..

Daniel

unitedcases
05-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Everything I have ever had to have taking apart from Carvewright always had Red Loctite, we all know what that means.

CarverJerry
05-12-2011, 06:36 PM
You mean it's like a Harley Davidson, it'll vibrate apart of it isn't lock tighted together? LOL

CJ

Celticwood
05-14-2011, 07:01 PM
I appreciate all the feedback. When I examin the break in the scrrew, its pretty obvious that it was half broken before it finally came off. So I would say quarrydesigns is right about it being over torqued. Unitedcases, do I have to heat the red Locktite to get it loose? Jerry

unitedcases
05-14-2011, 07:31 PM
One of my many investments for the Carvewright was a heat gun, yes I tried a hair dryer and it didnt work.

Celticwood
05-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the tip. I do have a heat gun.