PDA

View Full Version : Designer Software

Loriblackdog
05-11-2011, 12:41 PM
If I order this package it is $199.00? also do I then get free updates once I purchased this? If not what would the charge be for additional updates? I got my carvewright last year and love it how ever I live where it gets cold so I wasn't able to use it until April of this year. It finally warmed up. I would appreciate any info you can give me on this.

Thanks

Lori

cnsranch
05-11-2011, 12:47 PM
Lori -

Are you talking about the operating system for the machine, or something else?

If it's the operating system, you can always upgrade to the latest version for free.

Just open Designer on your computer, and (assuming your computer is hooked up the the 'net), click on the Help button, hit "check for updates", and it'll check and let you upgrade.

Old Salt
05-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Up dates should be with any new update no charge.
I would look hard at getting the probe for 100.00 more, will come with this software and is a good tool to have.

Deolman
05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
If you register your email address for specials, the probe is often on sale and it includes the Designer software. When you update the main software for free it will include any updates for Designer as well.

eelamb
05-11-2011, 04:24 PM
I think a clarification is necessary here. Are you talking about Pattern Editor (PE) or designer. Designer comes with the machine and has free upgrades. If you did not register it, the trial expires in 30 days, but you can go on line and register designer at no cost to you. Now for PE, the software is $199 alone, but as many have stated get the probe too, only another $100, and PE comes with it. In any case both along with the other addon's once registered, or in some cases purchased and registered, the upgrades are free for now.

Side note: if you purchased the machine from someone else, then you will have to purchase designer (I believe). None of the software is transferable.