PDA

View Full Version : Pattern carving out at a slant :(

hawkinwa
05-09-2011, 05:47 PM
Hello, I have a pattern that looks okay in the software, but when it is carved out one side is lower than the other. Since the difference is about an 1/8" to 3/16" on a project that is only 3 1/4" across it is causing a major problem. This project is loaded onto a sled. I have cut this type of project out many times before, but not with the flower pattern. Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening. I have cut out the other patterns I have with a different design on them without a problem. I have even rebuilt the pattern from scratch and still have the same issue. Is it possible that the pattern that came with the software has an issue?

Digitalwoodshop
05-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I am thinking you are saying lower as in depth of the cut...... If the depth is out left to right then a few things can cause this....

1. Head is out of level.... Install a wide board and crank down. Use a bit and the LCD Z Data to touch the left then right side of the board to look at the numbers for level....

2. The screws under the machine that go into the 4 smooth rails are loose.

Good Luck,

AL

jaroot
05-09-2011, 08:55 PM
I pulled out that same pattern from the software and based on the measurements that the cursor gives me i'd say that it is definitely the pattern. Matching spot for spot on opposite sides shows a significant difference in the cut depth. Nearly an 1/8"

Digitalwoodshop
05-09-2011, 11:42 PM
SEEEEEEEE.... Ask Bud would have Nailed it... Post the .MPC.... I would have been Wrong.... LOL....

See there is a method to the madness....

AL