PDA

View Full Version : Southwest design

David M.
01-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Here is a sample piece I just cut. It's 11.5 x 12" and was created from imported clip art combined to create the overall design. I'm undecided on how to finish it. I'll post the final piece when I finish it. It is cut .125" deep in poplar wood, slightly fuzzy off the machine but what you see is only slightly sanded, less than 30 minutes. The total cut time was 1 hour.

I'm very impressed with how narrow a zig zag I was able to get with only minimal damage or break out, almost impersivable.

pkunk
01-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Very Nice, David! :D Very popular here in Taos county.

rgant05
01-12-2007, 09:34 PM
I really like you project design. How did you achieve the 3d zig zag? I notice that is not one of the background textures. Are you going to post the .mpc file? I've been working on a few designs that I will have ready when my machine comes in, hopefully in a week or two.

David M.
01-12-2007, 10:35 PM
The zig zag was a black and white clip boarder image that was imported into the software and the circle was placed using the circle tool and depth assigned to match the background, then the center images were added last, also B/W clipart.