PDA

View Full Version : Selling my CompuCarve

auriclux
05-07-2011, 04:33 PM
I've listed my CompuCarve (you know, the Sears labeled CarveWright) in my local Craigslist. But it looks like it may get a better home here. I'm in Torrance (Los Angeles Area). I've only used a few times so there may be all of 10 hours on the machine.

Scot
auriclux@usa.net

Digitalwoodshop
05-07-2011, 06:17 PM
That first carve is like driving a new car off the lot.... A BIG drop in value.... That First Carve cost about $1000.00..... That is how much the value of a new machine drops after the first carve.... Search here and see what they have been going for.... Between $500 and $800.00 with the big Bit Sets....

We are Educated Buyers here, we know more the real value of a used machine.... With that, many here are looking for a 2nd or 3rd machine and don't care that it does not have a Warranty as the Warranty is not transferable.

CL might get you a bigger bang for the buck as they don't have a clue... most times...

Good Luck,

AL

jaroot
05-08-2011, 10:32 AM
I have to agree with Al. I've watched the machines come and go on this list and the prices he is quoting are pretty accurate. Where is the machine? Shipping is another issue. They are heavy and expensive to ship.

cestout
05-08-2011, 04:33 PM
I live east of riverside. Is it an A or B model? I would not consider an A for a second machine, but the B's are a large improvment. I would convert it to a CT spindel and probably rubber belts. That is, what- another $300.
Clint