PDA

View Full Version : Y Axis Stall Error 236

sundog2001
01-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Occasionally, I get a Y axis stall error due to the positioning lever on the right side that the bit needs to touch to find it's position. The lever does not pop out.

Any suggestion for correcting my problem.

Thanks.

Art

Rick Devine
01-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I posted a pdf from Carvewright that may help you. You will need the current version of Adobe reader to view it however. It is under this thread...
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=798

Jeff_Birt
01-19-2007, 03:09 PM
I was occasionally having this same problem of the bit plate not coming all the way out as well. After checking everything in the PDF (thanks Rick) I installed the 1.117 firmware and all was well.

I had another thing cause a Y-Axis stall today. The rear (dust) cover came of the Z-Axis motor. Luckily it was done carving and only had the cut out to do. I affixed the cover with some RTV and a bit of good old fashioned duct tape (will remove the tape when RTV sets).

EDIT (1/26/2007): I was having this trouble again this morning. My machien is kept in an unheated (attached and under part of house) garage. I had turned on a small heater a few hours before but the temp was probably only around 50 or 55 F. I don't know if the machine being cool is a factor or not. I tried a biit of bicycle chain wax on the bit plate cam (the part that the Y-truck hits) and on the Y-truck contact area itself. This seem s to have done the trick (or it just happend to work after that :? ) . The chain wax is a liquid that dry to a wax like consistency and does not pick up dirt, etc. like other lubricants. I'll report back on this in a few weeks after confirming that it does really help.