PDA

View Full Version : card reader

dench
05-06-2011, 12:35 PM
hello to all i am having trouble upload to the card flash error with code 1 so i got a new card and reader same problem upgraded firmware still no luck can somme body help please ty in advance dench

cnsranch
05-06-2011, 02:17 PM
By chance, have you tried a different usb port??

dench
05-06-2011, 03:13 PM
yes i have whith no succes it will write small files but not larger ones i reformatted the card unistalled reinsalled designer still no success maybe they sold me a bad card it will write up to 58 percent then flash can not be written whith error code1 ty for the tip dench

Jeff_Birt
05-06-2011, 04:27 PM
If you are having the same problem with the new card+reader as your old card+reader than it seems unlikely that the card or reader is the issue.

>it will write up to 58 percent

Perhaps there is not enough room for the file you are trying to write to the card. Remove all the files from the card and try again.

It might also be your PC. I have one PC that gave me fits with most USB devices in cluding the card reader. I added PCI card that provided more USB ports to the PC and it solved the problem.

TerryT
05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
How old is your computer? Make sure it has the high speed USB port. Plug it into the usb ports in the back of the machine rather than in front. Don't use a multiple Hub.

Deolman
05-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Are you using any other USB devices such as keyboard and/or mouse?

dench
05-11-2011, 11:16 AM
the usb ports are in the back of the pc they are 2.0 the pc is 6years old i reformatted the card still same i guess its my pc printer work ok mouse and keyboard are working i am using the usb port in the back of my pc for the reader ty you all for your help dench i will go to my son to try on his pc if cw let me use the software i all ready have 2 designers register but 1 is no longer in use old pc i hope this one is not going bad on me ty all for your help dench