PDA

View Full Version : John Deere Tractor

JDPratt
05-06-2011, 08:32 AM
I need a simple John Deere tractor pattern if anyone can help me out. I am doing a mount for flowers from a wedding and they had their first date on a John Deere Tractor. I appreciate any help given.

John

gregsolano
05-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Here you go.

bjbethke
05-06-2011, 10:58 AM
I need a simple John Deere tractor pattern if anyone can help me out. I am doing a mount for flowers from a wedding and they had their first date on a John Deere Tractor. I appreciate any help given.

John

Not sure if you wanted an Old or New model, will these work?

cnsranch
05-06-2011, 11:59 AM
they had their first date on a John Deere Tractor.

That there's love, Oklahoma style.

JDPratt
05-06-2011, 12:28 PM
That perfect BJB. I appreciate it.

Dan-Woodman
08-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Speaking of tractors,I have a request for a JD "POPPER", or Johny popper? Does this make since ? I live in farm country , but know nothing about tractors. The request is for a straight on side view.
thanks ,later Daniel

eelamb
08-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Dan here is an image of a JD popper, unless you are looking for the JD popcorn popper, or the JD popper boots LOL

jaroot
08-27-2011, 12:10 PM
I thought that the "popper" was the two cylinder model that you started by opening the petcocks (compression release) and grabbed a hold of the huge flywheel on the side and gave it a spin.

The ranch I grew up around had one of those. It was a JD and it kinda popped when it was getting started.

eelamb
08-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Jim you are right, the flywheel on the image I showed is on the other side. 2 cylinder, very noisy, and the popping sound.
Not sure about starting one, never did that, just saw a few and heard them running.

Dan never found a side shot of one though.

jaroot
08-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Well the one on the ranch hadn't been that shinny for decades but it was fun for us kids to use for chores.

bjbethke
08-27-2011, 08:17 PM
I thought that the "popper" was the two cylinder model that you started by opening the petcocks (compression release) and grabbed a hold of the huge flywheel on the side and gave it a spin.

The ranch I grew up around had one of those. It was a JD and it kinda popped when it was getting started.

You are right -the Popper does pop all the time, gets louder under load. When I was a KID of 12 years of age my dad loan me out for free to my one of my older sisters and brother in law for six months. (Summer time when I was thinking about trouble) When I think about it I can still hear that noise in my ears. (I did get Bread and Water and a good place to sleep) I guess that was great for the 50d’s

The other tractor looks like a Farmall WD40 a diesal that starts with gas and when you flip the lever – my dad told me to count to 60 slow, if you wait longer then that-the dam thing may blow up – then NO MORE Billy... I was called Billy all my younger years, when I married Barbara, she put a stop to that name. Both Mom and Dad have died (Mom 97- Dad 87 – They were Great) the home farm was 220X160 Rod’s long.

WD-40 is actually a pretty stout horse. Essentially a 4 or 5 or even 6 bottom tractor depending. It had to compete well with steam engines to be successful, and had to run on what could be poor fuel and do it fairly efficiently. No easy task in those days. Steamers pulled more bottoms, but most didn't actually plow that deep either. Machines like the WD-40 went a bit faster and didn't need all that support to keep it fed. Running a steamer is a 2 to 4 man operation, so a fuel tractor compares well in cost per acre. The oil pulls were too similar to the steamers in many ways. Size, cost and slow gearing worked against them in the end. That's why a WD-40 was considered nimble for a workhorse. It was all part of the tractor downsizing that was going on.

FYI, the auto switch over is a little gear box that counts off roughly 800 revs and switches. Problem is, when the engine is warm you don't really need that much time and they suck that gas tank dry pretty quick. On the plus side they will idle on well less than a gallon an hour, so most weren't shut down much. (This was on newer models – the new ones did not blow up kids any more.)

Dan-Woodman
08-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks everyone so far. My customers request is that I make a toy model about the same as my kids push car with 4 wheels and a hay wagon to pull behind. Thats why I needed the straight on side view. The tractor is going to be about 14" long.
I'll see what I can come up with in designer.
Thanks again Daniel

www.carvenow.com
08-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi, I have a tractor pattern in my online store. Here is the link: http://www.carvenow.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=250
Please take a look to see if it suitable for your project. Free minor modification is available upon request.
Thanks,