PDA

View Full Version : Conference "Where are you from?" Ice Breaker Idea

lynnfrwd
04-29-2011, 02:34 PM
Okay, so I'm getting mixed reviews on this idea and thought I would put it out there for you guys to comment on....

I'm looking at all of the different states (& even 3 countries) that people who are coming to the conference are from and had an idea. What if, as an ice breaker and so people could identify folks from their own states as well, everyone came to the conference on Thursday with a t-shirt or jersey or cap that represented their state?

Example: Say for instance, your from New York, you might wear a jersey for the Yankees, Giants or Buffalo Bills, a t-shirt with "The Big Apple" on it or a ball cap with "I (Heart) NY" or logo for Syracuse University??

Would you participate? Is it a silly idea or are you for it? Do you care if there is someone else from your state there? Wouldn't you want to know? Let me know!

fwharris
04-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Fun idea Connie! I will have my Colorado Rockies hat on!!!!

SharonB
04-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Connie... yes, I think that's a great idea. Besides, it gives me a reason to go shopping. On second thought... do women need a reason to go shopping?

Kenm810
04-29-2011, 04:38 PM
I'll second --- third that, (Fun idea Connie!)

or -- If they Don't have a Hat or T-Shirt
They could always Carve up a Fancy Name Tag,
something like the one I had when I talked to
you at the CW Demo in Michigan last year.

lynnfrwd
04-29-2011, 04:48 PM
LOL Sharon!!! Who needs a reason!!!

Ken, I tried to get someone here at the office to at least make us carved name badges & "no one has time"! Pooh Bah, I say!!!!

I guess I'll be in a CarveWright shirt, good thing I don't have to decide between UT & the Aggies - I live in what we call down here "A House Divided".

gregsolano
04-29-2011, 05:10 PM
It will be fun looking forward to it.

tierman
04-29-2011, 06:41 PM
GO Packers!!!!

Dan-Woodman
04-29-2011, 06:56 PM
If Connie would send everyone T-shirts , then you could all look the same and it would be free advertising for LHR.
later Daniel

lynnfrwd
05-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Well I didn't get a lot of responses, but those that I did get the majority were for it, so figure out what you will wear to help others identify which state you are from.

START-U team leaders, you may want to also throw a hat that represents your state into the suitcase just to be safe.

Daniel...I'll see what I can do about...wait a minute.....are you even coming to this conference?!

atauer
05-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Want a good icebreaker???

Buy a fat penguin...

LOL!!!!

I do like the idea that you have though. Its a great idea! What about our international folks though?

lynnfrwd
05-04-2011, 04:23 PM
I'm sure Spain, Canada & Mexico can be represented just as our states are.

Kenm810
05-04-2011, 04:37 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQw6T_q7KICBourNprNYeUxrsV8Ij_lN o6DPpy0ejRMweb4riRM Quote: --You may want to also throw in a hat that represents your state ---
I can't make it there this year -- Does State of Mind Count!!