PDA

View Full Version : Treasure chest project

dover-sherborn
04-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the treasure chest project from the website and have a question about carving it. The instructional PDF states I should use a MPC file to do a pre-carve on the 5/4 top, however the download does not contain this file. Has anyone carved this project and done the 5/4 top without the additional file? I called LHR and they told me they also do not have the file mentioned in the PDF, I fear trying to carve the final file without the pre carving file, I really dont want to break a bit on this or ruin an expensive board.

This is from the PDF file

For the 5/4 top insert, because this is a deep carve, use
the TC_topins_pass1.mpc to pre- carve both sides first,
then use the TC_topins_5q.mpc to do the final carve.

I am missing the TC_topins_pass1.mpc file

Thanks for the help

Nick

AskBud
04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Hi Guys,

I recently purchased the treasure chest project from the website and have a question about carving it. The instructional PDF states I should use a MPC file to do a pre-carve on the 5/4 top, however the download does not contain this file. Has anyone carved this project and done the 5/4 top without the additional file? I called LHR and they told me they also do not have the file mentioned in the PDF, I fear trying to carve the final file without the pre carving file, I really dont want to break a bit on this or ruin an expensive board.

This is from the PDF file

For the

5/4 top insert, because this is a deep carve, use

the TC_topins_pass1.mpc to pre- carve both sides first,

then use the TC_topins_5q.mpc to do the final carve.

I am missing the TC_topins_pass1.mpc file

Thanks for the help

Nick

The files listed on the project do not match what are contained in the project download (see attached).

I'm sending a message to my LHR contact. Watch for a reply or a private message.
AskBud44092

dover-sherborn
04-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Exactly, thanks will do

Nick

lynnfrwd
04-29-2011, 11:09 AM
The creator of this project has been contacted and I am awaiting verification from him.

cestout
04-29-2011, 07:36 PM
Nick,
Don't know how it did not get to the store, but I just resent all the files to Connie (LHR sales) because she didn't say file which was missing. I don't know how you are supposed to handle re-downloads. Maybe Connie can tell us here. If you are using pine, you probably don't really need pass one, but I prefer not to overload the machine. Other than the missing file, I hope you enjoy the project. I am finishing up the text on trays for this box, but there is no carving so I am hopping to have it as a Tips & Tricks. I used this box for the demonstration, but the method is good for any rectangular box.
Clint