PDA

View Full Version : Lutheran Rose?

keninar
04-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Evening, All;

New carver - still feeling my way around the pattern world. Just finished a new set of altar furniture, pulpit, lectern and altar, for our small church and it needs a bit of "florish."

Items crafted from Bolivian Redwood (veneer) and Pastor thinks a Lutheran Rose in lighter wood would set it off. (And who am I to argue with my Pastor!).

Have researched the patterns and have yet to run across this rose. I've attached an image of the rose and a pic of a woodcut version to give an idea of what I'm after.

Anyone seen this rose pattern? Or willing to take a stab at it?

Thanks!

-Ken

gregsolano
04-29-2011, 12:03 AM
Not as ornate as the carved one but here is what I came up with really quick. Hope it helps.

AskBud
04-29-2011, 12:18 AM
See how this Lutheran Rose works.
AskBud

bjbethke
04-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Evening, All;

New carver - still feeling my way around the pattern world. Just finished a new set of altar furniture, pulpit, lectern and altar, for our small church and it needs a bit of "florish."

Items crafted from Bolivian Redwood (veneer) and Pastor thinks a Lutheran Rose in lighter wood would set it off. (And who am I to argue with my Pastor!).

Have researched the patterns and have yet to run across this rose. I've attached an image of the rose and a pic of a woodcut version to give an idea of what I'm after.

Anyone seen this rose pattern? Or willing to take a stab at it?

Thanks!

-Ken

There are several different images, will this one work?

Kenm810
04-29-2011, 10:07 AM
I thought I'd give it a try

Alan Malmstrom
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Im going to give the fancier looking one a shot might be done in an hour or so.

Alan

Alan Malmstrom
04-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Here is the other photo done in a 3d ptd if you want to use it.

Alan

gregsolano
04-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Here is the other photo done in a 3d ptd if you want to use it.

Alan

You did a great job on that one. What programs and techniques did you use?

keninar
04-29-2011, 12:16 PM
You guys are phenomenal! I'm at work presently, and won't get an opportunity to play with your creations till this eve.

But I'm impressed - and cognizant of how little I've learned and how far there is to go.

Until then - Thank You, Kindly!

-Ken

Alan Malmstrom
04-29-2011, 07:17 PM
You did a great job on that one. What programs and techniques did you use?

Hey gregsolano

I used Illustrator to draw all the shapes. There is not much to that design but a little rotating of the center objects made it easy. Each object on seperate layers. Then I saved it as a Photoshop psd and blurred and used curves to bring each layer to the height I wanted. I used to put yellow page ads together at my last job so I have a lot of experience doing things fast. I also make good use of Photoshop quickmask function to blur selections etc. I also use the inner glow function to round edges.

Alan

TerryT
04-29-2011, 07:33 PM
Good job Alan.