PDA

View Full Version : 1 inch deep carves w/ 1.179

kool69sporty
04-25-2011, 08:59 PM
I just noticed that the latest version of Designer allows carves and cut paths down to 1.000 inch. I kinda remember previous versions only allowing 0.810 inch depth of carve. So did I just wake up to reality or have I missed this for some time? Might this be an off-shoot of the 3/16 carving bit? I like 1.000 more than 0.810, but wish for 2.000 so I can reduce the number of slices to carve on my foam and wax 3-D models. Can't imagine 2" deep carves in wood, tho.
Regards, Joe

AskBud
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
I just noticed that the latest version of Designer allows carves and cut paths down to 1.000 inch. I kinda remember previous versions only allowing 0.810 inch depth of carve. So did I just wake up to reality or have I missed this for some time? Might this be an off-shoot of the 3/16 carving bit? I like 1.000 more than 0.810, but wish for 2.000 so I can reduce the number of slices to carve on my foam and wax 3-D models. Can't imagine 2" deep carves in wood, tho.
Regards, Joe
Where is your information coming from?
I just updated one of my PCs and tested a carve area. No matter how deep I attempt to go, it defaults to .808. The same seems true on 4 patterns that tried to deepen.

The cut-path depth has been 1.0 for a long time as far as I know.

It would be nice to see your source document.

liquidguitars
04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
I get .808 2.

bergerud
04-25-2011, 10:33 PM
Now that is just mean to tease me like this. I have been hoping for a inch ever since I got the machine years ago. Carving bits with 1.1 LOC and only using 0.808. Please tell me it is so. If it is not so, I think we should beg for it to be made so.

kool69sporty
04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Oops, I got a big red face on that one. Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a late April fools joke. Guess I wanted to carve deeper and lead myself to believe that with the 3/16" carving bit then deeper carves were coming. Ya know, like Berger said: "If it is not so, I think we should beg for it to be made so." Amen to that brother.
So does anybody know, was the addition of 3/16" pattern carving bits that only change in Ver 1.179? The revision history seems to be a little stale of late.
Regards, Joe

AskBud
04-27-2011, 09:03 PM
Oops, I got a big red face on that one. Sorry, it wasn't meant to be a late April fools joke. Guess I wanted to carve deeper and lead myself to believe that with the 3/16" carving bit then deeper carves were coming. Ya know, like Berger said: "If it is not so, I think we should beg for it to be made so." Amen to that brother.
So does anybody know, was the addition of 3/16" pattern carving bits that only change in Ver 1.179? The revision history seems to be a little stale of late.
Regards, Joe
While in Designer, select HELP > CHECK FOR UPDATES. At the bottom of that page, you will find the "Change Log". It shows the applicable updates.
AskBud

ktjwilliams
05-03-2011, 11:01 PM
I would like to see the inch..... I would also like to be able to set a depth with centerline text,, The default depth for the selected font should remain.. But sometimes on a bigger project,,, I would like to able to change the default settings for the font..

Kevin