PDA

View Full Version : Did I waste $2000.00

Bob Morris
04-25-2011, 05:24 AM
I purchased Aspire and I'ed like your opinion if I can do what I want. I want to take a scanned line drawing JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP . will I be able to turn this into a CW project that will carve at about 3/8" depth ? I already have some skill at sculpting and modeling with the computer.
Thanks in advance
Bob Morris

mtylerfl
04-25-2011, 06:50 AM
I purchased Aspire and I'ed like your opinion if I can do what I want. I want to take a scanned line drawing JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP . will I be able to turn this into a CW project that will carve at about 3/8" depth ? I already have some skill at sculpting and modeling with the computer.
Thanks in advance
Bob Morris

Hi Bob,

No, you certainly did not waste your money! You can do just about anything you want with Aspire as far as making high-quality relief patterns for your CW machine!

Are you attending the CW Conference? One or two of my demos will explain techniques for how to create a relief model from a photo reference in Aspire. Have you had a chance to watch the tutorial videos that came with your Aspire? They are excellent, very easy to follow, and will bring you up to speed rather quickly. Time well spent and the dividends are priceless.

I have created nearly every Project of the Month using Aspire for the last couple of years or so. It's an extremely useful program. Also, be sure to join the Aspire User Forum (http://www.vectric.com/forum/). You'll find a lot of helpful fellow members there (just like we have here on the CW Forum!).

mtylerfl
04-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Bob,

Here are a couple examples of line drawing to relief model in Aspire. I start almost everything I create with a simple drawing I've scanned and then imported into Aspire. I'll draw my vector outlines using the scanned drawing as my guide, then generate shapes from those 'clean' vectors.

Bob Morris
04-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Michael. I feel much better now, I just recieved the software yesterday and was having second thoughts.