PDA

View Full Version : Bad card or reader

gumbo
04-24-2011, 01:35 PM
When trying to upload a project I keep getting an error message from windows stating unknown device and designer tells me to try to insert the card again and hit retry. Is this the card or a problem with the reader or how can this be determined? After a few tries it will upload but I expect that something will need to be replaced but which one?

flemingswoodworks
04-24-2011, 04:55 PM
I had that problem yesturday when I updated my software I had to reboot my computer than it worked fine..didn't fix the problem with the lines in my carve though.

gumbo
04-24-2011, 07:42 PM
Back to the card issue. I haven't updated the software lately

gumbo
04-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Can any one diagnose which piece of hardware that I may be having an issue with? I would really hate to replace both when only one piece is bad.

Thanks

fwharris
04-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Most likely it is your card. I have not seen to many of the reader going bad. Have you tried re formating the card?

gumbo
04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Most of the time that I insert it into the reader I get the error and can't access it. But tonight if I get it to accept the card I will try it

Thanks alot
Mike

fwharris
04-27-2011, 11:57 AM
You might also want to check the connections on the card. Outside chance of some dust in the connectors... Just a thought...

Deolman
04-27-2011, 01:45 PM
If there should be projects already on the card, what happens when you try to use the card in the Carvewright?

gumbo
04-29-2011, 12:45 AM
no luck after re formatting. new error message came up today "the flash operation failed with error code 31" When trying to access the card designer freezes and needs to be shutdown. I have included a screen of two of the error messages I am seeing. Maybe this will help diagnose. One other thing when it finally does access the card it seems to take an awful long time.

alan.galbraith
05-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I had the same problem a while ago. CW Tech support suggest a new reader, that wasn't the problem, it ended up being the card. I now have two readers.

gumbo
05-07-2011, 09:08 PM
I am tending to believe its the reader because I get the error that is indicated on the bottom of the attachment when I plug the card in. I even get it without designer being open. the last attachment that I had was too small and couldn't be read I hope that this one shows up better and someone may have an Idea as to which is bad.

bjbethke
05-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I am tending to believe its the reader because I get the error that is indicated on the bottom of the attachment when I plug the card in. I even get it without designer being open. the last attachment that I had was too small and couldn't be read I hope that this one shows up better and someone may have an Idea as to which is bad.

It looks like to me it is your USB problem in your computer, Have you checked your card and reader on another computer?