PDA

View Full Version : problems with mac software

55president
04-24-2011, 09:20 AM
I'm having a problem with my designer software. I use a Imac 2.16 intel core 2 duo with version 10.5.8 software. When I import a pattern,
the board suddely dissapears then reappears with only the top 1/4 showing,
also after selecting the carve quality, it will not redraw the pattern in
the proper resolution. Help?

Alan Malmstrom
04-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I have problems with things redrawing in my windows version so I always have to click the toggle texture to make it redraw for the screen. Bigger images take longer to redraw for the screen. The software seems to take a while to figure out the feathering and draft and whatnot. I usually do all those carving menu options last after placing things where I want them.

Alan

mtylerfl
04-24-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm having a problem with my designer software. I use a Imac 2.16 intel core 2 duo with version 10.5.8 software. When I import a pattern,
the board suddely dissapears then reappears with only the top 1/4 showing,
also after selecting the carve quality, it will not redraw the pattern in
the proper resolution. Help?

Hello,

I seem to recall this being mentioned a few years ago by another Mac user. I can't find the original post, but I think it had something to do with the Hardware Acceleration setting...not absolutely sure about that, though. Won't hurt anything to try changing the setting from Auto (the default) to Off or On and see if that makes any difference for you. To access the settings go to Edit/Preferences/3D Graphics in the menu bar.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
EDIT: There was an old post that one fellow (on a Mac) made the following observation..."The bad behavior only occurs when the bottom scrollbar is on-screen. When the window is moved so the bottom scrollbar is below the display area, the display works as it should."

An aside; there are a number of Mac users (such as Pkunk, one of our forum gurus) that have been running the software on their Macs and have not experienced display problems with the CW software. Are you running the most current OS on your system?

mtylerfl
04-24-2011, 09:50 PM
I have problems with things redrawing in my windows version so I always have to click the toggle texture to make it redraw for the screen. Bigger images take longer to redraw for the screen. The software seems to take a while to figure out the feathering and draft and whatnot. I usually do all those carving menu options last after placing things where I want them.

Alan

Hi Alan,

You might try a video driver update to make sure the driver is "up to snuff". Also, some of the issues you describe sound more along the lines of perhaps the computer being a little underpowered (i.e., needs more RAM and/or a faster processor or newer video card with more horsepower). Can you post the specs of your computer system? Might help for troubleshooting purposes.

Alan Malmstrom
04-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Well I have a pentium D with 2.80 GHZ Dual Core Processor. 1 GB memory ram. Radeon X1300/X1550 Series Video Card. Widows Vista. I checked and found that I am running the latest driver for the video card. This computer should work well with the software.

But I just turned off the harware acceleration in the preferences menu and it does work much better now. It was set for auto before. Yes turning off the harware acceleration helped a great deal. WOW Thanks for that tip.

Alan