PDA

View Full Version : I need help lol

xtremedge
04-23-2011, 11:33 PM
I am having alot of trouble trying to get this image to to get into designer and look decent. I was using photoshop until my laptop screen broke and now I'm using a netbook which doesn't have the power to actually use photoshop and paint just isnt doing the job lol. So I was wondering if anybody would have any ideas on how I can make this image look decent in designer so I can get it to carve properly.

Thanks

AskBud
04-24-2011, 05:45 AM
I am having alot of trouble trying to get this image to to get into designer and look decent. I was using photoshop until my laptop screen broke and now I'm using a netbook which doesn't have the power to actually use photoshop and paint just isnt doing the job lol. So I was wondering if anybody would have any ideas on how I can make this image look decent in designer so I can get it to carve properly.

Thanks
If just the laptop screen is bad, have you considered getting an external screen/monitor to plug in to the laptop?
The unit is not dead, it just has a bad screen! Lots of folks use an external screen, as well as keyboard and mouse, making the laptop a mini CPU.
AskBud

gregsolano
04-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I am not the best at this and I wish I had the pattern editor software. I did this in paint.net turned it into grey scale and cleaned it up then saved as png. so here go's hope it helps.

xtremedge
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the help, I was having trouble cleaning it up but that looks great. As for my screen I am planning on getting a new Macbook soon so I didn't want to stick money into an external monitor. and Macs aren't cheap lol

mercer57
04-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Here is a ptn file of your picture may be easier to use than a mpc for what you want to use it for

eelamb
04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
gregsolano, you did a great job on the pattern.

eelamb
04-25-2011, 05:14 PM
I liked what this crest looked like so decide to make a pattern form it too. So here it is.

gregsolano
04-25-2011, 09:33 PM
gregsolano, you did a great job on the pattern.

Thanks, I gave it to him in a MPC because i did some adjustments in designer in order to finish the ptn. I am learning.

eelamb
04-25-2011, 10:09 PM
He can extract the PTN from the MPC. many time I list the MPC since you can upload a larger size file in MPC.

If you make adjustments in designer, group the patterns and adjustments, then choose make pattern to make it into a pattern.

gregsolano
04-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I had not even noticed the make into a pattern option until you posted this. I learn something every time I get on this.

eelamb
04-26-2011, 04:13 PM
Took the crest a little further. This time, I created it is MoI3D.