PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Notches into wood plank

cpworld
01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Dear experts,

I just received the CompuCarve this week, and so far it has performed well above expectations.

I am now having trouble making a board with notches cut out from it.

Please see the attached; it rejects every board that I submit to the machine to be carved to this plan.

Can the machine make notches like this? With the standard tools?

Thank you for the advice!

BobHill
01-12-2007, 08:27 AM
CPWORLD

Attached is a JPEG of your patten as you made it. Parts of your pattern are not on your wood and thus it's a bad design from that standpoint.

If it were all on the wood (I widened the wood to 7" and assigned a bit and depth to circle 3 ) , as I've put it in the other attachment, it should cut as you made it as long as everything is given a cutting depth. It's all vector cutting. I didn't do a test carve, but see no reason it shouldn't cut as it's designed.

If you wish your end product to be like it's presented in your design (half circle at edge of the board, you have to either cut that edge manually on a table saw after the CW is done or design your half circle to the edge without it going over. I'm not sure what the circle 3 is for, as it would be of no use to anything, not being designed on anything nor has a cutting bit or depth.
Bob