PDA

View Full Version : Close Cover Message-- NOT WHAT YOU THINK

lostinthefrost
04-22-2011, 12:42 PM
I am getting a close cover message. I know normally someone would speak up and say the switch is out and need a new one. I cut the switch out 3 years ago and just linked the 2 wires together. That has cut the chances of that error out about 99%. I am only getting it once in a while. Specifically on pine, cutting the log cabin POM out on best quality. It doesnt happen each time. Using Rock chuck, cleaned out the machine a ton, rollers, new board sensor.

Any ideas?

dsegreti
04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
I also starting getting the "Please Close Cover" message. I can't get past the error message. I have about 40 cutting hours on the machine and have not had a problem until now. The machine is cleaned completely every time I use it and the cover switches are clean and operate with the same clicking sound they have since the beginning. Have you found anything to fix the problem.

Kenm810
04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote: -- "linked the 2 wires together" if not that you might want to check were they plug into the circuit board
at the back of the electronics, mine have worked loose a few times form the machines own vibrations.

TerryT
04-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Also I believe the FFC cable can cause this. Check it and make sure it is tight and no wires are broken.

Old Salt
04-22-2011, 03:25 PM
I get that on my old reader card some times load the new card and it stops. I must have some bad spot on old card.

lostinthefrost
04-23-2011, 07:21 AM
Excellent thanks everyone. I will try the resolutions to see if there is a solution. I go back and forth with 2 cards and never know which is which. I know the FFC cable I checked since its usually a colprit of most issues. I did check the small harness from the old switch, it's probably one of the only parts on the machine that are not new. I should order a new one, but had a previous order 2 weeks ago and the $12 s/h each time for USPS First Class Mail doesnt sit with me too well.

Digitalwoodshop
04-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, a few things that can cause this....

The white wire in that bundle of wires should be pointed toward the center of the machine as the plug can be pressed in 180 deg out as I found out... That will give you the open cover.

Next... The Board Sensor Cable may have a pinched wire.... When I had it happen 3 things were a result....
Open cover, ZERO Board Sensor Reading, and 0000 never changing Z Encoder Data when moving the Z up and down.
It shorts out the data buss.

So check both and let us know.... You can un plug the board sensor from above... Close Cover should go away....

AL