PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk About the Weather

lynnfrwd
04-22-2011, 10:02 AM
We can use this area to discuss the weather where you are...

I'll continue our discussion about Tulips...

I finally bought some two days ago from Walmart that were not yet ready to bloom, so I could enjoy them at Easter. I left them in the shade on the front porch and now I think they will loose their blooms before Sunday.

gregsolano
04-22-2011, 10:12 AM
We are in a drought in New Mexico so wild fires are everywhere and my plants are not doing so well. It is warm but windy every day. Good kite flying weather!

mtylerfl
04-22-2011, 10:34 AM
Got four new tires for my wife's Prius last night from Tires Plus. While there, the front and back doors of their building abruptly flew open violently and the wind was whipping up papers everywhere inside the building. Lasted about a minute or two, rained real hard, then stopped as suddenly as it came.

On the way home, a major main intersection (nearby the Tires Plus) had two of the six hanging traffic lights ripped from their mountings/wires and were laying on the road. I watched the news later on - no mention of whether it was a tornado, microburst or what. Today is bright, calm and sunny, like nothing happened!

dougmsbbs
04-22-2011, 10:44 AM
A week ago I was standing on the river bank fishing in 80 degree weather. This week we have had three frosts. And rain. Never ending rain.... sigh....

lynnfrwd
04-22-2011, 10:52 AM
A week ago I was standing on the river bank fishing in 80 degree weather. This week we have had three frosts. And rain. Never ending rain.... sigh....

Send some of that rain our way!!!

pkunk
04-22-2011, 10:57 AM
We are in a drought in New Mexico so wild fires are everywhere and my plants are not doing so well. It is warm but windy every day. Good kite flying weather!That's an understatement!
At least most of the snow that we did get has melted and spring is here.

TerryT
04-22-2011, 11:00 AM
Sun? Oh yeah, I remember that! I hope to see it again someday. It rains most days. Yesterday had a little snow mixed in just for a little change of pace. It's supposed to hit 60 this weekend.

lynnfrwd
04-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Hey Smoken D:

I just planted some Salvia's and got a chuckle. It says "Deer Resistant" on the tag, maybe you should try them!

Going to water my new "installations" as all we have here too is high wind and no chance of rain.

Kenm810
04-22-2011, 11:41 AM
The Weather man said we might get treated to another dose of ThunderSnow after midnight tonight,
if you've never seen or heard it before, --- with all the different colors of lightning and echos, It kind of sounds
and looks like something straight out of the "War of the Worlds" movies.

Old Salt
04-22-2011, 11:54 AM
cold windy some sow showers rain but they say spring is here!

Smoken D
04-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Let me tell ya about deer resistant flowers. They go FIRST!

Over the weekend 6 inches of rain is expected. Of course they are calling for rain now through next Thursday so that 6 inches don't count Monday-Thursday. Then again the sun is shinning right now, weatherman said no sun today. Wonder what would have happened ifen I had a job where wrong most of the time and still get paid. Then again they pay me to never show up for work. BIG SMILLEY FACE!

CarverJerry
04-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Here in oHIo our temps have been like a roller coaster, up one day and down the next. Was 37° yesterday morning got up to about 56°, it's Sat now and almost 4pm and only got to 45°. So tomorrow they call for 70°, on Sun Easter 57°, Mon 68° and 70° on Tues, with RAIN for the next 10 days......But here we say April showere bring May flowers, but I'm using my scrap wood to build myself an ark.

CJ

DocWheeler
04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Here in oHIo our temps have been like a roller coaster, up one day and down the next. Was 37° yesterday morning got up to about 56°, it's Sat now and almost 4pm and only got to 45°. So tomorrow they call for 70°, on Sun Easter 57°, Mon 68° and 70° on Tues, with RAIN for the next 10 days......But here we say April showere bring May flowers, but I'm using my scrap wood to build myself an ark.
CJ
Here is what CJ is talking about!

dougmsbbs
04-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Hey, CarverJerry. You get that ark built float it over here to Indiana and pick me up! I don't think the rain will ever end. Funny part is my neighbor just got done digging a new hole to expand his house. Every single day since it was dug it's rained. Every single darn day! I talked to him 2 days ago and he says he's thinking about seeing if they will change his building permit so he can turn it into an in ground pool. Any one need a good supply of mud, he's got ya covered.

Kenm810
04-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I’ll go along with you guys, -- Years ago we had Four Seasons, the two main ones were Summer when it was “Hot” and Winter when it was “Cold” but now with all their newfangledelectronic weather forecasting equipment and graphs to work with --- every time I hear or see someone announce that according to Doppler Radar, the weather will be ---- I know it’s every man for himself time ----- and I’m going to end up having to Shovel 18” of “Light Snow Flurries
or dig out my hip boots to make a trip to the mail box in front of our house ----- because the Doppler Radar’s forcast call for partly cloudy,
with the chance of a “Deluge” by this afternoon. --- Sometimes Ya just can’t win for loosing!

Deolman
04-23-2011, 11:44 AM
At least some of you guys are carving. Here in No. Utah it got down to freezing again last night. The inside of my garage hasn't seen a 55° or higher temperature in 5 months. Oh, and we only have two seasons here - winter and construction. Man I hate those orange cones!

eelamb
05-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Thought I would update this thread. I live about 20 miles south of Joplin, Missouri, and do most of my work there. Many have lost their lives there and many more may. If you will say a pray for those that have lost everything, and for those that have passed on.

Dan-Woodman
05-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Acording to the news , 117 dead over 1000 injured. Tornado 3/4 mile wide , 7 miles long, on the ground less than 9 minutes.
They said they found x-rays and medical records 70 miles away from hospital. I'm 160 miles North.
later Daniel

lynnfrwd
05-24-2011, 03:19 PM
Sending prayers out to Joplin MO and the many other areas affected last Sunday.

lynnfrwd
05-24-2011, 05:06 PM
To our friends in Oklahoma (badger) and others, be safe from the storms.

eelamb
05-24-2011, 05:53 PM
I will give you an update:
as of now the death toll is 122
injured is over 780
still missing is 1500 (some may be out of town or left the area after the storm)
8000 buildings damages or destroyed
1800 acres damaged (basically leveled)
One of 2 hospitals was destroyed (unusable)
Home depot gone, walmart gone, strip malls gone, 6 blocks of the main business area gone, including fast food, academy store, and many more.
Nursing home gone with 15 people still not found from this building yet.

To top this off another storm rated as the same strength is heading this way right now, with a high risk of another tornado such as the one Sunday passing through the area. (does not mean it will produce a tornado)

Fema is here, so maybe Capt Bruce is in the area.

All main routes through Joplin north and south are closed off. Thus like myself I have to go 7 or 8 miles east or west to get from south to north in order to reach my customers.

I have been working with businesses (recovering data, mainly my customers), wife is part of the search, as well as the kids.

fwharris
05-24-2011, 07:07 PM
Eddie,

Thanks for the update. You know our hearts and minds are out there with you guys. STAY SAFE!!!

eelamb
05-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Floyd thanks. This current one looks like the main part will be about 50 miles north of me, so it will miss Joplin, but some of the upper parts will be close to Daniel. I am sure we will get some rain from it. Where I am at the size of a tornado is hard to predict. When I look west I see no homes, north and south they are 3/4 mile away, and east is 1/2 mile away. Plus their nearest neighbor is about the same away from them. We had a bad one about 5 years back, took out electric poles , fences and trees down my road as it went through, but just one home before it lifted about 3 miles from me.

If you are interested in before and after images go here. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390530/Joplin-MO-tornado-Before-photos-complete-devastation.html

Correction:

The storms by me have produced tornado's with 80 mph winds and has touchdown, so my area and Joplin are in a direct path right now. Darn this is the bottom section of the storm.

eelamb
05-24-2011, 10:38 PM
All clear.

fwharris
05-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Eddie,

Those images are devastating. Hard to imagine it all. It looks very similar to one we had here a few years ago that traveled close to 30 miles long and in some areas a mile wide. Most of it was through farm areas but it did hit the town of Windsor.

Keep safe!

badger
05-25-2011, 12:05 AM
To our friends in Oklahoma (badger) and others, be safe from the storms.

Thanks, myself and family are home safe. I was actually in Tulsa for Law Enforcement Training. My partner lost his home but him and his family are safe. Not so good news for the rest of our county Logan County Oklahoma. Couple Fatalities and lots of damage. We cut our training short and came home will be busy for at least the next couple weeks.

Prayers go out to others that have lost loved ones or property. I was there in May 99 in OKC and lost my first home and its nothing I would wish on anyone. Now is the time to stand up and go help your neighbor.

Being a prior volunteer for the Red Cross its times like this that they will desperately need cash to help assist Family and Emergency Workers.

Good luck to everyone in the area tommorrow for round 4.

Jeff_Birt
05-25-2011, 03:59 PM
We were under tornado warning here for about 2.5 hours today. I guess they were spotted all around Rolla but it did not get too bad here.

gregsolano
05-25-2011, 05:24 PM
I am glad your ok today Jeff, I am praying for all in the tornado areas.

eelamb
05-25-2011, 09:56 PM
That is right Jeff is in Rolla, and he gets his share of this weather there too. I have a lot of friends in Berger, new haven, and Redbud area and they told me they had warnings today.

I believe smokenD was in the path this afternoon too, I hope he is safe. There were a lot of touchdowns in the boot heel area. Plus some may have been near BJB too.

Out death toll is now at 125 in Joplin. With so many still missing I am afraid the number will increase.

fwharris
05-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Eddie,

Thanks for the update. Hearing the news today that the same area was under warnings again today got me to thinking about how much can the people take with getting pounded just about every day. I posted your link of the pictures on FB and one of my old work buddies posted back that his parents used to live right where the main path went through Joplin. He still family in the area and all came through ok.

CarverJerry
05-26-2011, 08:48 AM
I live in Ohio between Cleveland and Akron (closer to Akron) and last night we had a close one, there was a twister spotted and a short lived touch down. It knocked down a few trees and did some damage to roof tops, luckly it didn't last long and no one was hurt. This weather is getting crazy........makes me wonder if Big Brother or someone is learning how to control our weather.

CJ

chebytrk
05-26-2011, 09:02 AM
I live in Ohio between Cleveland and Akron (closer to Akron) and last night we had a close one, there was a twister spotted and a short lived touch down. It knocked down a few trees and did some damage to roof tops, luckly it didn't last long and no one was hurt. This weather is getting crazy........makes me wonder if Big Brother or someone is learning how to control our weather.

CJ

AREA 51 and NORAD stuff................. Hey, I'm just sayin'.... ha ha

Jeff_Birt
05-26-2011, 09:25 AM
This weather reminds me of growing up in central Ohio in the 70's, Yellow Springs got wiped out kind of like Joplin, MO just did last week.

Capt Bruce
05-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Fellow Forumites,

Out here on the front lines with FEMA where my Region is dealing with 10 Presidential Disaster declarations across 6 of our 8 states in the SE US. We're responding to infrastructure damage due those tornadoes and river flooding in TN at present, as are 5 or 6 of the 10 Regions across the US. And looming on the horizon is Hurricane Season that starts June 1.

Please think a kind thought for all the First Responders out working 14 hour days, seven days a week to help survivors get back to normalcy, if that is possible after all they have experienced and lost this year. Some days it breaks my heart to see how brave people are and how they help each other first no matter how much they have endured.

It will be a while before I'll be home to carve anything but thanks for giving my mind some enjoyment in keeping up with the CW family after hours. Enjoy some sawdust for me!

Digitalwoodshop
05-29-2011, 01:24 PM
I got hit Thursday Night... Lost Power and heavy winds.... Next Morning found 2 trees down, one on the High Voltage Wires pinning them to a Pine Tree. Called reported it.... no power so no burning.... The first tree fell inside my Shop Half Moon Driveway and the second just past my Exit and inches from crushing my Band Saw Mill.... Revenge of the TREES..... Called Power company the afternoon of the first day to be sure they know of the wires pinned to the tree... OK.... Listening to the Scanner.... Trees and Wires Burning Reports every hour..... Afternoon of the 2nd day, you guessed it... Power was turned back on.... Wires burned until the High voltage one snapped... Was on hold for 1/2 hour to the power company until the bigger fire started so I called the FD.... Nothing they could do..... On hold another half hour.... Gave up.... Went looking for a power truck... No Luck.... Five hours later, 10 PM the trucks show up and I watch them for 2 hours struggle with the wires... Power and a hot shower at Midnight... Life is GOOD.... THANK YOU PP&L.

I did enjoy the relaxing time off.... I put a plug on the Water Pump so I can un plug it and plug it into a Generator.... So we had water... Need to do the Oil Furnace next... We have 2 Generators.... the bigger one had no spark.... so one appliance at a time.... Saved the refrigerator stuff....

Clean Up day today.... Got the Pole Chainsaw working too... That is a plus.... Back to work....

A big area was Hit and all the Holiday Weekend people form NYC had a hard time as many roads were blocked....

My Scanner lasted until this morning on 4 AA Batteries... Didn't miss much.... Knew where the power was being restored as all the Wires Burning calls...

AL

Picture 1 Driveway and 2 trees down.. My Shop is seen in the left edge of picture..... No Shop or House Wires went down...
Picture 2 Wet Roots.... Too Much Rain... High Wind....
Picture 3 A Little Arc WELDING on a Tree...
Picture 4 Tree laying on all wires..... Asked for it to be dropped the last two times they power company trimmed the trees..... No... We will wait until it comes down...
Picture 5 My Sawmill.... Almost hit by Tree....

Smoken D
05-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Prayers up for you Al. Gives me memories that I just asume forget.
Think it as more wood ta carve up fer them tags, but at a dear price!

Digitalwoodshop
05-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Speaking of MORE WOOD.... The Gas Pipeline is putting in a new line next to the old one on our property. They laid out the Cut Zone for Trees and my Step Father was SO Sad as they are taking SO many Christmas Trees... We failed to have them mark out the boundary on the ground.... Never thought of it.... Just looked at the numbers on the map... Lessons Learned... Before He Signed and they Paid for the Trees.... We feel like Mr. Haney from Green Acres Put one over on us.... And a Chicken Coop might be history too.... SO much more land than we thought.... Our Drain Field they didn't know about might save the Building... The Bigger area is a Buffer to Stack Pipe and move Equipment... When done they go back to a smaller footprint....

So back to the Wood..... There are literally Hundreds of Trees.... A lot of Hardwood, Pine, Hemlock..... They must move the logs to a non Pipeline area so we are hoping they will pile them all in a Field near the Brook.... I would move my Mill to the Logs.... Or Drag one up at a time.... WOW.... Mind Boggeling.... Lots of work for a Manual Mill...... But Doooooo Able...

AL

Photo 1 My Mill
Photo 2 Everything on the Right Side Hill will be Cut.
Photo 2 Everything on the Left, all big Spruce will be cut... Standing in the Pipeline...
Photo 4 Reverse View... All Gone.... Not shown is smaller Marketable trees behind and to the right of the big stuff in picture 4...

Progress.... Need to learn what is Good Instrument Wood...... And the best way to cut it... and Dry it... Looks like I am going to need more than 1 Solar Kiln.... For Drying Wood...

Kenm810
05-29-2011, 05:56 PM
Both Tornado and Flood Warnings for our County and surrounding areas have been flashing on all the local TV Channels for the last hour, plus the Tornado Sierns started sounding several minutes ago. The Storms are moving North East towards us a 60 mph with leading edge straight line winds of 70 mph and gusts up to 80 mph.

We have saturated ground right now from the storms over the last few days, plus all the Water Sheds and local Rivers/Creeks are filled to over flowing - - the rain fall is expected to be 5” per hour with no place for it to go.
We’re sorry to hear the folks South West of us are getting hit with 2” hail just now, we’re also hoping this weather all blows over soon.

--- "Good News just in" -- they are telling us to expect an all clear by 8:30 pm local time tonight!

TerryT
05-29-2011, 06:03 PM
Praying for ya Ken. Good luck my friend.

liquidguitars
05-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Al, I like to place my order for VG spruce and flamed soft maple...

This weather reminds me of growing up in central Ohio in the 70's

Same here in Ca.

Digitalwoodshop
05-29-2011, 07:43 PM
That I believe I will have.....

AL

Kenm810
05-30-2011, 08:27 AM
Well we’re still here; -- today the storms are off in Canada heading East somewhere.
There was Lots of wind and rain to blow things around, we're thankful the worst of the weather skip right over us, we lost a small Flowering Plum and Golden Creek Birch Tree, also the little Creek behind our house -- “Normally 1’ deep and 7’ to 8’ wide” was over it's banks 90’ wide and on to our walk way. The center photo is from last year of my youngest son Scott standing on the walk way between the Creek -- 40’ behind him and our Fish Pond 30’ in front of him. The photos on the left and right are from this morning after the water receded down the grassy banks to about 30’ wide. Last night if the water had come up a foot or two deeper, we might have lost the Fish in the Pond to the Creek.

easybuilt
05-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Glad you are OK Ken! That water sure can rise fast! Thanks for sharing the pictures!!

henry1
05-31-2011, 07:48 AM
Well we’re still here; -- today the storms are off in Canada heading East somewhere.
There was Lots of wind and rain to blow things around, we're thankful the worst of the weather skip right over us, we lost a small Flowering Plum and Golden Creek Birch Tree, also the little Creek behind our house -- “Normally 1’ deep and 7’ to 8’ wide” was over it's banks 90’ wide and on to our walk way. The center photo is from last year of my youngest son Scott standing on the walk way between the Creek -- 40’ behind him and our Fish Pond 30’ in front of him. The photos on the left and right are from this morning after the water receded down the grassy banks to about 30’ wide. Last night if the water had come up a foot or two deeper, we might have lost the Fish in the Pond to the Creek.
Glad to see your ok Ken I wouldn't want anything happenning to ya
Henry

Kenm810
05-31-2011, 08:39 AM
A really big Thanks! for thinking about us, you see in the photo where the water level
was from the walk way to the silt line left on the brush on far bank.

This Morning we had a few Refugees come up form the Creek
to our back deck looking for a hand out.

Old Salt
06-05-2011, 07:36 PM
They are telling us to get ready for a massive flood in the Missouri vallry from SD south . Water may get 2-12 ft deep here next wk. and stay till Oct. My home and shop are in the are so for the last few days we have beengetting ready .
If you need any wet wood sounds like I may have it for you.
Post so quick pictures will keep you all up to date,
My wife she feels like a Princes living behind a mote now.

badger
06-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Good luck Salt hope its closer to the 2foot than the 12

Kenm810
06-05-2011, 08:37 PM
We'll be thinking about you all, while hoping for the best!

eelamb
06-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Old Salt, I hope you do not get any flooding, but if it has to come your way let it be the lesser amount. Stay safe.

SharonB
06-05-2011, 10:25 PM
And here I was complaining because we might get rain showers tomorrow. Hope that is all that comes your way.

CarverJerry
06-19-2011, 06:13 PM
NE Ohio and its raining like cats & dogs with lightning and thunder, glad the day is about over and our cook out went as planned for Fathers Day

DocWheeler
07-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Direct hit by one of the smaller branches we lost.
Branch - 1: Bird Feeder - 0.45807

Kenm810
07-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Sounds a bit like the winds and rain we got around here late night.
Just South of us, there's 44,000 still waiting for power to be restored.

85 to 90 Degrees plus about 1000% Humidity -- no Power Equals no A/C

eelamb
07-12-2011, 01:17 PM
We will take the rain here. Have had to pull my horses into the barn lot and start feeding hay. We are too dry, and my pasture is shot, will be next year before it will support my horses again. As to power, we have been hitting 100+ Monday was 106, so AC yea we need the power on, but will take the rain.

dougmsbbs
07-12-2011, 01:46 PM
About 5,000 without power all around me after those storms yesterday. Mine never so much as blinked! Still hot, though. Son lives right across the street, and his power was out all day yesterday. So he comes over to 'visit' with dad for a while. Funny how that doesn't happen much. Hint: I put in central air two years ago.... Hmm....

Smoken D
07-12-2011, 02:22 PM
100 right now. Hit 105 yesterday and they said our heat index was 115. Been working outside all day, cleaning air filter on unit, clean arearator shaft on septic, started generator(run it 3 x a year when I do above) and clean small referagerator. Drag that outside, turn on hose and defrost. Wife had dr's appointment at 1pm, went out and car no start. Took her in truck and looks like battery deader than door nail. Getting ready ta go outside fer that one. Was wanting to tear down the carvewright for maintaince today. Don't know about that one dang it. Sure hot in the sun fer sure!

Dan-Woodman
07-13-2011, 09:33 AM
Several states have 100+ temps but what a lot of people don't realize is that here in Missouri we also have over 90 % humidity. Yesterday was close to 100, thunder storms last night, 85-90 today.
later Daniel

skeeterman
08-03-2011, 04:19 PM
(((((( 112 ))))) in arkansas today, makes ya wana move to alaska or somthing. to damn hot!!!!!

cestout
08-03-2011, 06:53 PM
The thing about Southern California is that it cools down at night. I grew up in Rhode Island until I enlisted in the AF in 1957, and I remember the hot humid nights. I live inland in Riverside County and have a whole house "Swamp Cooler" because our humidity stays mostly low. Shortly after the sun goes down we open windows and turn the cooler thermostat up. Checking my indoor/outdoor weather station, it never gets over 81 in here even if it is 112 outside (and not 112 this hear so far) and the outside temp drop to the low 70s or high S at night. But, finding good wood is a real problem here - only a handful of places. The closest for me is about 50 miles for hard woods, and Home Depot for pine and cedar (out door signs) is 13 miles. You can't have everything.
Clint

SteveEJ
08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
108 in West Tennessee today. I was working outside yesterday evening and jumped in the pool to cool off. I gasped when I hit the water.. It was WAY TOO HOT.. 96 in the water!! I was poached..

lynnfrwd
08-25-2011, 10:30 PM
Typically, when we have a hurricane headed towards the coast down here, it takes a last minute right turn...here's hoping for a big right turn to our friends on the east coast!!

Kenm810
08-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Our Thoughts and Prayers will be with all the Folks along
the East Coast as these Storms move by. -- Be Safe!

lawrence
08-26-2011, 08:00 AM
+1 - ALLCON in the hurricane area

listen to the authorities
prepare for the worst but hope for the best
keep your heads down and stay safe

Our thoughts are with you; we will see you all on the other side
Lawrence

b.sumner47
08-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Well gals and guys, I well underway with the, " ARK". The hurricane looks to be taking a good look at me up here. I can only hope for a 90 degree turn to the east. Will keep all adviced. Capt Barry

eelamb
08-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Capt barry make sure you take care of yourself and family first, get to safety. Everyone in the path, be safe and as Lawrence said listen to the authorities. We want you back here on the forum when this is over.

b.sumner47
08-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Old Sea-Doggy ,I have full respect for Mother Nature. I take to heart your concerns for my family and myself. I will try to keep up to date as long as the cable and power are with me. I've seen them turn, go around in a circle, stop dead in there tracks for just a few example .I will let you know tomorrow. Thank All. Capt Barry

Kenm810
09-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Nothing Earth Shattering -- but it looks like "Summer and Autumn" around here are nearly over for us,
local weather forecast for tomorrow is a High 60 Degrees and our first Frost Warning of the is year for Friday morning.
Several of the trees in the yard are already loosing their leaves.

lynnfrwd
09-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Several of the trees in the yard are already loosing their leaves.

Here too, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the end of Summer or Fall!!! Still in the triple digits here.

atauer
09-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Looks like autumn around here as well. Trees are also losing their leaves.

Unfortunately though, our "Autumn" look is really just the effects of our drought. Nothing is living anymore, and the stuff that is still alive is putting up a heck of a fight.

My son and I went on a mini camping trip with his cub scout pack last weekend. We were supposed to have done some fishing at the lakes in Brazos Bend State Park, but the lakes were dry. Dry enough that the gators were having a hard time hiding in what little bit of water was left.

CarverJerry
09-15-2011, 07:43 AM
When I got up this morning and went outside at 6am I was just about breathless. It was only 50°, but this is Ohio

CJ

Kenm810
09-16-2011, 08:41 AM
8:00am -- The Sun has been up and shining for an hour or so
I still had to scrap my windshield, most but not all of the Frost has melted quit yet.

Ps. Freeze Warning tonight for some folks just north of us,
Better finish picking the last of your tomatoes today.

PPs. What do you call a Season that has Green Trees and Lawns with Frost White Roofs!

henry1
09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
8:00am -- The Sun has been up and shining for an hour or so
I still had to scrap my windshield, most but not all of the Frost has melted quit yet.

Ps. Freeze Warning tonight for some folks just north of us,
Better finish picking the last of your tomatoes today.

PPs. What do you call a Season that has Green Trees and Lawns with Frost White Roofs!
Same here in Ontario Cornwall frost here also only 45 here this morning

fwharris
09-16-2011, 10:30 AM
Just got the post of FB. Thought I would share it for our good buddies down in the Lone Star State!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 D6tOC0Wuy0hI%26sns%3Dfb&h=pAQCv3el1AQCXIF1LC7dJ6YT8_5PkwjBFoRB01OlXQgQUHw

lynnfrwd
09-16-2011, 11:01 AM
Just got the post of FB. Thought I would share it for our good buddies down in the Lone Star State!

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3 D6tOC0Wuy0hI%26sns%3Dfb&h=pAQCv3el1AQCXIF1LC7dJ6YT8_5PkwjBFoRB01OlXQgQUHw

Tears and goose bumps watching that video Floyd. Thanks for sharing.

Kenm810
09-16-2011, 11:02 AM
So Sad -- Our Thoughts and Prayers are with you, "Hell's Gates On Fire"

TerryT
09-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Makes me think my problems are pretty insignificant. Our hearts go out to the fire victims.

b.sumner47
09-16-2011, 08:01 PM
WoW !!!!! Capt Barry

lynnfrwd
09-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Got about a 20 minute "gully washer"!!! Woo Hoo! Doesn't take much to make us happy and we are thankful for what we get, but MAN could we use some more.

CarverJerry
09-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Fall is so near, I just noticed this morning that a few of the trees are starting to turn colors here in Ohio just south of Cleveland. Rain with low 50's, calling for lower 40's tonight........Not ready but the colors will be wonderful to see.

CJ

LittleRedWoodshop
09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
ON our monthly (sometimes it's more often - to see grandma and grandpa) drive from Lexington, KY to Huntington, WV we get to drive through the Daniel Boone National Forest ... this past weekend I noticed that the trees are starting to turn here as well.

Also - thanks to the predicted 40 degree evening we will be attending our first Bonfire of the year ... you gotta love fall weather, I'll save some stuff for smores if anyone wants to stop by.

lynnfrwd
09-30-2011, 10:58 AM
ON our monthly (sometimes it's more often - to see grandma and grandpa) drive from Lexington, KY to Huntington, WV we get to drive through the Daniel Boone National Forest ... this past weekend I noticed that the trees are starting to turn here as well.

Also - thanks to the predicted 40 degree evening we will be attending our first Bonfire of the year ... you gotta love fall weather, I'll save some stuff for smores if anyone wants to stop by.

I'm so jealous. Be safe and enjoy.

"Over the river and through the woods, to grandmothers house we go.."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kenm810
09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
No "gully washers" but it's been raining here for the last few weeks, 6 to 10 hours, 4 to 5 days out of every 7
Wish we could send some of it your way Connie, I know you folks could really use it.
This morning the pups were out on the back deck barking, when I went to the kitchen for my first coffee of the day,
I took a look to see what had set them off, -- the little Creek behind our house had over flowed it's banks again,
and some of the fish from the Creek were splashing around as they were swimming across our back lawn -- really drives the dogs nuts.

b.sumner47
09-30-2011, 02:04 PM
Don't drive the poor dogs carzy, GIVE them a pole. Fish to be caught. Capt Barry

lynnfrwd
08-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Wishing all of our friends in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and Florida a safe ride through the storm.

I, unfortunately, have hotel reservations in the French Quarter on Thursday night. Aaarrrgggh!

chebytrk
08-28-2012, 12:31 PM
My brother-in-law lives in Biloxi, MS and he's packed up and gone further inland. Last time Katrina took about 80% of his home and he finally got it all fixed and done. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law lived in Gulfport, MS when Katrina hit and they lost both of their homes (2 blocks from the beach). For me...... that would have been enough... "time to go and stay gone and not look back". Hope and pray all goes OK for everyone in that area of the Gulf Coast.