PDA

View Full Version : Please close cover

Kurtsara
01-11-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm getting a 'Please close cover' on the display and the door is shut, any suggestions?

BobHill
01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Have you checked the switch for the door?

Bob

mtylerfl
01-11-2007, 11:06 PM
Kurtsara,

I am getting the "close cover" error also - - and on my very first project after only 15 minutes of carving. I opened then closed the cover and restarted several times. The machine would then only carve for a few seconds, then the "close cover" error appeared repeatedly after each re-start.

I talked to the CarveWright folks today and we tried several things, including removing the cover, making sure all wired connections were tight, putting teeny wads of tissue under the two cover switches, , etc., etc.

Finally, their conclusion was that I have to send the machine in for repair. (Just got it yesterday.) They are sending me a FedEx label for the journey.

Even though I am disappointed that I can't use the machine for now, I am confident that CarveWright will get it fixed. They were extremely courteous and helpful as possible, spending over an hour on the phone with me troubleshooting the problem.

You might give them a call and see if they can get you going without having to send in your machine.

mtylerfl
01-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Kurtsara,

Did you ever get your "close cover" error solved? ...and, if so, what did you have to do to fix it?

jwhllh55
08-19-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm getting the same fault. I put my pocket knife on the switch and when depressed the fault goes away. I tried to adjust the micro switch and it didn't work. I pull the switch and taped it closed. I now can carve, but the switch is rigged sothern style. I'm carving and that's a good thing, but I need to fix the problem soon. Any help out there?
John Hammett

JimmieJames
08-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I was having the same problem I used a nail and worked the switch in and out a couple times and blew it out. It is working again for now, my machine is only a week old...

Jeff_Birt
08-19-2007, 02:37 PM
If you have a bad switch call CW. They can send you a new one.

Digitalwoodshop
08-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Count your fingers now, enjoy the view..... Defeating the door switch could mangle you fingers next bit change. Now you only have one switch protection for the cut motor power protecting your fingers. Proceed with extreme caution. Ask yourself? Is that board I am carving worth losing my fingers? When I worked at Sony they had about 5 guys in the 9 digit club. As a Maintenance Mechanic, they had a few of them tell us their story. Most defeated a safety switch to lube a chain under power saving a few minutes. Make it right before you preceded.

Now a fix idea. Since you say it now works with the switch taped, that tells us it's a switch activation problem. I had a problem like that but it was the right switch or power to the cut motor switch. My unit went back around the same time but came back with the same cover. I find later they used wooden wedges and a hair drier to melt or encourage the plastic to be in the right position. The wedges go into where your cut motor cable goes down.

With my unit it was also a stripped screw holding the switch in place, I removed the cardboard protector for a better bite on the plastic.

Also make sure the plug in the circuit board in back bottom area in in all the way for the left lid switch.

Good Luck

AL

I have a sensitivity to defeating safety interlocks....

At Sony when they shut down the 32 inch TV line in 1999 they moved the Assembly girls to jobs in the picture tube plant. One young lady on her first week, saw a robot stop due to a problem on her shift. She had watched the operator fix it a few times shutting down all the equipment. She was so new that she thought she could save time by fixing it herself by squeezing in between the safety cage and going inside the robot enclosure, a benefit to being thin. She fixed the part and was admiring her work as micro switch confirmed the part was in place. This set the next step in the fully ON and operational Program Logic Controlled Fanuc Robot. It silently swung at full speed to pick up the part but she was between the robot and the part. She will never walk again. Like an automobile accident scene but worst.