PDA

View Full Version : Reformat Card Error Message (9)

tcough3475
04-18-2011, 02:08 PM
After much effort, I can say that I've finally joined the ranks of the CW owners that have found joy in using the machine. It has taken time, adjustment, and mostly words of encouragement from the veterans of this forum, but now I have a issue that I haven't been able to locate a post for a solution.

While carving a project, the machine stopped and the message: Reformat memory card and reload project (9)" or something very similar (don't recall the exact wording). This is the 4th in 4 carvings and the previous 3 came out perfect, with no error.

Has anyone seen this message before? I'm going to reformat and try again. Will let you know of my success, or failure.

Tracy

mtylerfl
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
After much effort, I can say that I've finally joined the ranks of the CW owners that have found joy in using the machine. It has taken time, adjustment, and mostly words of encouragement from the veterans of this forum, but now I have a issue that I haven't been able to locate a post for a solution.

While carving a project, the machine stopped and the message: Reformat memory card and reload project (9)" or something very similar (don't recall the exact wording). This is the 4th in 4 carvings and the previous 3 came out perfect, with no error.

Has anyone seen this message before? I'm going to reformat and try again. Will let you know of my success, or failure.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,

Here's a shot in the dark... were you using a vacuum cleaner at the machine sometime during the carve? Static build-up from the vacuum can "zap" the memory card. You may want to call CarveWright Tech Support to ask if they have any suggestions why that error came up.

tcough3475
04-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Hi Michael,
And yes I had just finished using a shop vac to clear some of the sawdust out of the machine and rollers. I'll give CW a call in the morning to see if they have some info.

Also, I did reformat and was able to save the carve by re-running the project. Some light sanding is all that is needed to recover from this one.

Thanks for responding.

Tracy

mtylerfl
04-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Hi Tracy,

Very glad to hear you were able to complete the project. Good news!

I use a vacuum too, of course...but not during a project run. I'll run the vac after the carve, with the machine turned off and one hand touching a metal part of the machine the entire time while vacuuming.

If I do happen to get "nervous" about a heavy sawdust buildup during a long project run, I'll stop the machine (or wait until a bit change) and either scoop out the bulk of sawdust manually or blow some of it out with short "puffs" of air from my air compressor (a little messy).

Digitalwoodshop
04-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Yes, as Maxwell Smart would say at a time like this.... The Old Vacuum Cleaner Static Voltage CW KILLER.....

The more plastic the Vac Hose has in it and the less Rubber and Carbon the higher the ZAP....... It is the wood CHIPS flowing through the hose that produces the High Voltage Static that Jumps to the machine and KILLS IT..... A hand on the machine helps as posted above... I recommend grounding the machine.... Even with my Dust collection system I walked in the shop and heard Snap, Snap every 30 seconds during a Cut Path. Looked and a 1 inch Arc was snapping between the Copper Dust Head to the 1/8 inch cutting bit...

I have a cable with 3 big gator clips on each end... I ground one end to 3 places on my dust collector and 3 on the machine.... In feed tray, Foil Hose/copper collector, Roll Around metal cart. I saw the clip on the foil Hose and Copper Collector had fallen off.... As soon as I replaced it, the Arc Stopped...

You may have killed your machine..... Your computer or some of the Circuit Boards.... Re format the card and start again and let us know what you find.

AL

quarrydesigns
04-19-2011, 12:47 PM
"It is the wood ships flowing through the hose that produces the High Voltage Static that Jumps to the machine and KILLS IT"

Once those pesky wood ships get into your hose.... Looks like some old navy typing there!!!

Digitalwoodshop
04-19-2011, 01:16 PM
"It is the wood ships flowing through the hose that produces the High Voltage Static that Jumps to the machine and KILLS IT"

Once those pesky wood ships get into your hose.... Looks like some old navy typing there!!!

It was that Mathara Reddenbalker Speeeed Readding Course I took on the In Ter Net.... Got my Chips and Ships all messed up.....

LOL...

AL