PDA

View Full Version : tracking roller failer Error 49-320

myshop1044
04-18-2011, 12:36 PM
My belts froze up tight while trying to measure the sled.
I removed the gear box cover and rolled the x1 gear(large one)
it rolled for a short while then there was quit a bit of play in the gear rotation .
I then notice there was some teeth missing on the X drive Idler gear.
looks like it will be replaced.
Did this cause the error message or not
What do I look for now.

Myshop

cnsranch
04-18-2011, 01:36 PM
You'll be fine once you replace the drive assembly - good news is that it's only $14 (and $12 shipping).

Real question is what caused the gear to break in the first place - had to be jammed belts, but was it the sled getting sideways,etc.?

I replaced the assembly this weekend - I had a sled jam up in the machine - so, operator error.

But I think other things can cause the x-drive gears to go - very high head pressure one of them.

I'd find the problem before I put the new gears in.

myshop1044
04-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Your right , I was working on the sled tracking to the right problem when this happen. Not sure what caused the teeth to break, it looks like they have been broken for some time now, but it want work without the gear being replaced. I check the belts and they were in good shape and not rolling up anywhere. I was working thru 1 problem at a time and this happen.
Too bad it's not closer to the conference time, I would just pick up the part then.
oh! well, that's the way the machine works, I have not had any trouble in the last 9 months or so and I opened my mouth and told some body about my good luck with the machine and look what whappen.
later.
And they say that machine doesn't have ears!

Myshop