PDA

View Full Version : Warning Message........

chebytrk
04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
I have a project that I'm uploading to my card and it states the following.......

"This project uses features that can not be scaled. Scaling by the Carvewright machine will be disabled"

Can anyone explain that one to me in "layman's terms"? Only thing I've used different than other times is that I'm trying the conforming vector with some text that I've placed on the sign. Simple rectangular sign with text and a couple of horse images. I might have stretched the text box to better fit the 36" board. Could that have been it?

AskBud
04-18-2011, 08:50 AM
I have a project that I'm uploading to my card and it states the following.......

"This project uses features that can not be scaled. Scaling by the Carvewright machine will be disabled"

Can anyone explain that one to me in "layman's terms"? Only thing I've used different than other times is that I'm trying the conforming vector with some text that I've placed on the sign. Simple rectangular sign with text and a couple of horse images. I might have stretched the text box to better fit the 36" board. Could that have been it?
You hit the nail on the head!
When you apply Conforming Vectors, Scaling is not available. This is true of text or any other vector where you apply the Conform process.
Just do not plan in scaling these projects.
AskBud

chebytrk
04-18-2011, 09:06 AM
You hit the nail on the head!
When you apply Conforming Vectors, Scaling is not available. This is true of text or any other vector where you apply the Conform process.
Just do not plan in scaling these projects.
AskBud

So does that mean that the text will not come out on the board that I've done? OR does it mean that the text will not be "enlarged" like set it?

chebytrk
04-18-2011, 09:10 AM
So does that mean that the text will not come out on the board that I've done? OR does it mean that the text will not be "enlarged" like set it? Here's a copy of the .mpc to look at. Thanks for the help.

AskBud
04-18-2011, 09:20 AM
So does that mean that the text will not come out on the board that I've done? OR does it mean that the text will not be "enlarged" like set it?
Scaling is the ability of the machine to change the size of your designed project to fit the larger, or smaller, board that you place in the unit.
Most MPCs can be "Scaled" to fit what ever board you use, however Conforming Vectors will turn off that ability. Therefore, should you wish to use a larger or smaller project board, on a design with Conformin Vectors applied, and change the size to fit, you will need to edit and resave/reload that MPC.

The purpose of Conforming Vectors, is to allow the vector lines and text to consider any carved area or pattern contour as the top-of-the-board. Therefore the text and other vector lines will be visable across the entire project.
AskBud

AskBud
04-18-2011, 09:35 AM
It means that this design is expecting a board 11 x 36, and will not change that size.
You must change your sizes within the design and resave the project for each differeny size you wish to make, or you will need to delete the carve area where you have your text and not check the Conforming Vectors option.

My "Download" link, below, has a lesson on Conforming Vectors.
AskBud