PDA

View Full Version : A couple of items I whipped up yesterday

TerryT
04-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Ever since I got my first machine four years ago I wanted to make a cribbage board. I tried a half dozen or so times but never could get it to work. The machine would drill holes all over the place then die with an X axis error. With my number 2 machine I decided to try once more so yesterday I whipped these out. The newer machine works much better for this but I think it still maxes the memory limit.

The indian board is carved on quarter sawn Sycamore and the duck is on black walnut.

mtylerfl
04-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Those look great, Terry!

henry1
04-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Ever since I got my first machine four years ago I wanted to make a cribbage board. I tried a half dozen or so times but never could get it to work. The machine would drill holes all over the place then die with an X axis error. With my number 2 machine I decided to try once more so yesterday I whipped these out. The newer machine works much better for this but I think it still maxes the memory limit.

The indian board is carved on quarter sawn Sycamore and the duck is on black walnut.
Hey terry what or can you share those crib bord look good

TerryT
04-17-2011, 07:07 PM
can you share those crib bord look good

Henry both boards are already posted on the forum as is the Indian pattern. The only thing that isn't is the duck pattern but that is available at either location shown below. Thanks

Digitalwoodshop
04-17-2011, 07:10 PM
WOW.... Very Nice idea... Great Work....

AL

Capt Bruce
04-17-2011, 09:58 PM
Very nice work on the Cribbage Boards Terry. They look great and I especially like the black walnut and your ducks pattern.

SharonB
04-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Terry... Liked the way you said "a couple of items I just whipped up" and then came away with two great projects. I've tried making several boards in the past with a disaster each time. Sure hope this doesn't mean I have to buy a new machine in order to make cribbage boards....before I just thought it was operator error.

TerryT
04-18-2011, 04:33 AM
Terry... Liked the way you said "a couple of items I just whipped up" and then came away with two great projects. I've tried making several boards in the past with a disaster each time. Sure hope this doesn't mean I have to buy a new machine in order to make cribbage boards....before I just thought it was operator error.

Sharon, for some reason cribbage boards seem to be a real challenge for the Carvewright. I think it is because of the sheer number items (holes, lines, arcs and patterns). I haven't tried carving them yet but I did split the patterns up into two seperate projects. On one I deleted all the holes and on the other I deleted everything else. The boards shown here were carved from a single mpc but I'm hoping the holes, etc, will all work out better doing it from two mpc's. I really shouldn't take but a couple of minutes longer to do them that way. My "B" machine definately handled the job better than my "A" machine, but some holes were still slightly off.

SharonB
04-18-2011, 08:39 PM
Terry....I just might try making another cribbage board when I get back from the Conference. And I'll try your idea of doing it as two projects. Your are probably right in the assumption there is just two much going on at one time. Anyway, can only mess up a board....which I'm good at.

Oldtrainerguy
04-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Nice work. Cribbage boards are awesome