PDA

View Full Version : Service in Canada

Fardoche
04-15-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm looking for service in Canada.

Any idea ?

CW in USA can't help me with my problems.

Just bought 700 $ of parts for my machine and it's still not working.

This machine is ony 1.5 year old and the only solution seems to be the scrapyard.....unbelievable!

Thanks.

JDPratt
04-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Post what problems you are having in the troubleshooting thread and I am sure one of the super smart guys on the forum will try to help out.

Digitalwoodshop
04-15-2011, 05:56 PM
We can do this on the Forum or you can call me.... My number is on the bottom of my Webpage... But posting the details of your problems will let us offer advice and things to check...

There are common problems like the Board Sensor Cable getting pinched and shorting out the data system that will as I have seen show up in a never ending open cover, No Encoder Data, and Zero Board Sensor....

Then there are the computer problems... and Power Supply Problems.... The L2 Coil problem will drive you nuts... Power on and off... Stalls....

Post everything that has been replaced and weather it is still the new part or you went back to the old part....

We are here to help.... Save the Shipping Money for BEER...

This Forum has developed into a real asset to providing help to fix machine problems....

The LHR Bashing of 2007 is long gone..... Thank Goodness....

AL

Fardoche
04-16-2011, 03:59 PM
It's been 1.5 year that I own this machine.

1 month ago, the main computer fried.

At the same time, I've change some other parts (ordered from CW) :

- Y-Moter assembly
- main computer
- board sensor
- power supply
- X-Terminaison board

After installing these parts, I got a Z-Truck stall.

I called CW tech support and made some tests with them. They told me to change the following parts :

- FCC Cable
- Head termination electronics board
- Z-Motor Mount electronics board.

I've ordered them and change them but still have the Z-Stall until yesterday....A line of "black square" shows up on the 1st line of the display.

Format the card....reflash the firmware...still the same problem....

CW told me to Call Sears Canada to get support....Sears Canada don't offert support and don't even know what's a Carvewright!

Call back CW...the only thing they told me over and over again is to send my machine to a repair center and to check every connection.....

After speaking to Omar, tech support supervisor, he told me that there is no more service center in Canada....the best that they can do is to refund the parts I've bought (+/- 700$) if I returned them....but it's not a solution, since I'll be stuck with a dead machine....

this machine is only 1.5 years old and is good for scrap yard!

I must admit you that I'm very frustrated....paid 3000$ for a machine that last 1.5 year....without service in Canada!

I can send them the machine (from Canada to Texas....an extra 500$ for round trip!)....

Do you know if there is a service center in Canada.

Omar from CW told me about an experienced CW user in Canada who does repair machine....do you know him ?

Can you help me put my machine back to work ?

thanks in advance to all of you for your help.

henry1
04-16-2011, 09:07 PM
It's been 1.5 year that I own this machine.

1 month ago, the main computer fried.

At the same time, I've change some other parts (ordered from CW) :

- Y-Moter assembly
- main computer
- board sensor
- power supply
- X-Terminaison board

After installing these parts, I got a Z-Truck stall.

I called CW tech support and made some tests with them. They told me to change the following parts :

- FCC Cable
- Head termination electronics board
- Z-Motor Mount electronics board.

I've ordered them and change them but still have the Z-Stall until yesterday....A line of "black square" shows up on the 1st line of the display.

Format the card....reflash the firmware...still the same problem....

CW told me to Call Sears Canada to get support....Sears Canada don't offert support and don't even know what's a Carvewright!

Call back CW...the only thing they told me over and over again is to send my machine to a repair center and to check every connection.....

After speaking to Omar, tech support supervisor, he told me that there is no more service center in Canada....the best that they can do is to refund the parts I've bought (+/- 700$) if I returned them....but it's not a solution, since I'll be stuck with a dead machine....

this machine is only 1.5 years old and is good for scrap yard!

I must admit you that I'm very frustrated....paid 3000$ for a machine that last 1.5 year....without service in Canada!

I can send them the machine (from Canada to Texas....an extra 500$ for round trip!)....

Do you know if there is a service center in Canada.

Omar from CW told me about an experienced CW user in Canada who does repair machine....do you know him ?

Can you help me put my machine back to work ?

thanks in advance to all of you for your help.
I sent you a private message call me tomorrow I will be home all day

Fardoche
04-17-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi Henry,

couldn't call you today.

thanks!