PDA

View Full Version : Another newbe question

dpowli
01-11-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi all,
I ordered my machine through Sears just to get it quicker. It's supposed to be in next weeek. I already have a sign job lined up for 12 x 60" sign. The question I have is what is the process of carving a longer project such as this. I assume I need to move/ re-register the board to continue the work. Is this correct, and what is the proper way to do this?
Thanks,

pkunk
01-11-2007, 03:08 PM
5 ft long will work fine as long as you have proper support at both ends. IE, roller stands. I've run 12 ft projects my self.

Greybeard
01-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Hi Denny.
I don't think you'll find any difference in doing a long signboard from a short one.
If you've got a week to wait for the machine, I'm most envious - I've got about a year to wait :(
However, I strongly advise anyone in your situation to print out the help files (aka manual) and start doing some serious bedtime reading between now and your delivery date. And the tutorial. You'll be suprised how much sticks :)

John

pkunk
01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
John, you posted at exactly the same time as I did. :D :D

dpowli
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the input! AND.... yes, I've been reading, reading and reading...along with working with the software as much as I can.

Thanks again