PDA

View Full Version : Error code E-49-0320

mercer57
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
when measuring the board my machine doesn't stop at the end of board , then gives me this error, any thoughts?

Thanks Steven

Digitalwoodshop
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Wow.. New one....

Using the Option key on the keypad and Sensor Data, scroll down to the Board Sensor and with a piece of white copy paper on the board and cranked down what is the number.... A 156 is GOOD..... 90 bad...

Next scroll up to the Rollers and crank the head up and down and watch Compressed and Released.... If it sticks than that can cause this...

Could be your TOOL TALKER is turned on in the setup menu and waiting for something.... That is a WAG.... Wild AL Guess...

Start there and let us know.... Could be a bunch after that... Bad Card, Reformat Card, Bad Computer, Bad Power Supply... So many possibilities... Just need more info...

You can always call me... I am in the shop until Midnight Eastern tonight and 10 AM tomorrow...till Midnight... Number is on the bottom of my webpage...

IS the board TOOOOOOO Thin..... 1/2 inch will work but give problems... 3/4 is better.... 3/8 will do this stop thing... Too Thin.... Need a Carrier board... and Select PROJECT not BOARD for the Cut Path... Project = thickness in Designer... BOARD = Sled Board and Thin board.... A NO NO....

AL

chkorte
04-12-2011, 08:36 PM
when measuring the board my machine doesn't stop at the end of board , then gives me this error, any thoughts?

Thanks Steven

Define “doesn’t stop at the end of the board”. Does it spit the board out? How thick is the board? Check to see if your rollers are compressed or released. Go to the control panel, hit “0”, “7” and down arrow. That should display the roller status. If the front or back roller doesn’t release after the board passes under it the CW doesn’t detect the end of the board.

AskBud
04-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks Steven
Here is a link to the Error Code list:
http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/maintenance/CW_ErrorCodeList_10_10.pdf

It would appear that your stock is lifting (moving away) from the brass roller. Probably due to the stock not having proper support as it travels thru the machine . I presume that you know that the bottom of the stock is flat or has masking tape to improve normal contact with the Brass roller.

On longer boards that over extend the machine we suggest additional roller supports. This avoids the tilt (camphor) that can develop when the stock could otherwise act as a lever.
AskBud

mtylerfl
04-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey Bud,

I am not familiar with the term "camphor" other than the smelly stuff that is used in mothballs. Can you point me in the right direction of the definition as it relates to the context of describing a board tilt?? Thanks!

AskBud
04-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Hey Bud,

I am not familiar with the term "camphor" other than the smelly stuff that is used in mothballs. Can you point me in the right direction of the definition as it relates to the context of describing a board tilt?? Thanks!
Michael,
I suppose that I just coined or misused the word "camphor", as I can not fine as similar meaning either.
What I'm speaking of is the lever or cam action that the un-supported long stock produces as its center point leaves the table and pressure rollers.
Perhaps I should just use "lever action"!
AskBud

mtylerfl
04-13-2011, 10:07 AM
Michael,
I suppose that I just coined or misused the word "camphor", as I can not fine as similar meaning either.
What I'm speaking of is the lever or cam action that the un-supported long stock produces as its center point leaves the table and pressure rollers.
Perhaps I should just use "lever action"!
AskBud

Thanks, Bud for the explanation. Thought maybe I was going to learn a new term! One thought that occurred to me was you meant "chamfer", but that doesn't fit the "board tilt analogy" either, since that refers to a beveled edge. So, I guess just saying "board tilt" is clear enough.

Thanks again for checking!

Kenm810
04-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Cantilever Stress or Strain ---- hmmmm

AskBud
04-13-2011, 10:18 AM
In any case, we've stressed that outboard roller support tends to avoid the lever action possible with un-supported stock!
askBud

mtylerfl
04-13-2011, 10:30 AM
In any case, we've stressed that outboard roller support tends to avoid the lever action possible with un-supported stock!
askBud

So true. However, not a lot of good specific info to go on. Perhaps Steven could provide some more details (or call AL or Bud directly - either will know the right questions to ask and help with a solution). The Aux Roller not tracking properly could be anything from a cold shop (leading to a head pressure problem) to a ding under the board edge that travels over the roller, warp, cup, rubber O-ring off, etc., etc. Hard to say at this point. Most likely it is a simple solution, though.

AskBud
04-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I've sent a PM. Let's see where Steven stands on the issue.
AskBud

mtylerfl
04-13-2011, 10:41 AM
I've sent a PM. Let's see where Steven stands on the issue.
AskBud

Excellent - I know you'll be able to nail it for him!

mercer57
04-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Ok , it seems 2 things, rollers were sticking i cleaned and lubed them and there working good. I checked the board sensor reading and it is at 119 so I am thinking it is bad since now I am getting a board sensor error code.I tried cleaning the sensor and no change.

AskBud
04-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Ok , it seems 2 things, rollers were sticking i cleaned and lubed them and there working good. I checked the board sensor reading and it is at 119 so I am thinking it is bad since now I am getting a board sensor error code.I tried cleaning the sensor and no change.
Check this post.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?17064-Edge-rout&p=144162#post144162

mercer57
04-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Ok,I removed the board sensor and there was some dust inside and I blew it off and cleaned it, now my reading is 136. I finally got the machine to operate correctly. Thank for all the quick replies

Steven

liquidguitars
04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
the term your looking for is snipe. when a board exits the cutter head or table and makes a snipe.. " x cabinet maker speaking"

http://community.woodmagazine.com/t5/General-Woodworking/HOW-TO-AVOID-SNIPE/td-p/32459

Kenm810
04-13-2011, 04:29 PM
"Snipe" --- Oh the good O'l Days-- that's when we would gather up all the Rookies at Camp,
give them burlap bags and a flash light with the lens covered with red, blue, yellow, green, and purple plastis bags,
then send them out into the woods around midnight for a late night "Snipe Hunt" ---
We had 50 acres of woods at the camp right up against 500 acres of State land, just about the thickest woods I ever saw.
We would tell them that the Snipe wouldn't fly at night -- but run along the ground,
so not to use the flash light until you heard them running around.
Then chase then down and to blind them with the flash light so they'd run into their open Burlap Bags.

I remember several seasons of Snip Hunting, and having a good time sitting back sipping a few cold ones
while watching all the pretty lights traveling back and forth -- lighting up the woods for hours.

dougmsbbs
04-13-2011, 04:55 PM
They tried to play that snipe game with us when we went on our first boy scout camp out some 40 years ago. But we knew about it. They told us where to wait and all that, then left us. We took off and made it back to camp before they did, took all their food, and headed back out into the woods. An hour later we wondered back into camp, full bellies and all, and looked so convincingly innocent that they never did figure out how they had been had. They just knew they had been, and two of them had to make a food run into town the next day.

Ah, the good old days...