PDA

View Full Version : Cut out/ Route Edge Help... Plz

lostinthefrost
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a project I was kicking around. I am no where near done with it, but I am having an issue. I have my settings all wrong and am getting a brain infarction thinking about it.

I want to make an Illinois Plaque with a roundover edge. I also want my pattern for now in the middle. I will probably change it as I go. My biggest issue is getting Illinois to cut out and have the edges that I want. I have uploaded a start. I know that the Illinois is carved instead of just cut out. I would be greatful to anyone who could spend a few minutes tweaking and then tell me and all what they did. Thanks alot!

AskBud
04-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a project I was kicking around. I am no where near done with it, but I am having an issue. I have my settings all wrong and am getting a brain infarction thinking about it.

I want to make an Illinois Plaque with a roundover edge. I also want my pattern for now in the middle. I will probably change it as I go. My biggest issue is getting Illinois to cut out and have the edges that I want. I have uploaded a start. I know that the Illinois is carved instead of just cut out. I would be greatful to anyone who could spend a few minutes tweaking and then tell me and all what they did. Thanks alot!
It's going to depend upon the extra bits you have, for the special edge.
Here is what i did, as a test.
Highlight the state and click on "outline".
Now Highlight just that outline and assign your cut-out bit, and also assign the special bit (I used the 1/2" Ball nose set to a depth of .350).
AskBud

lostinthefrost
04-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Awesome thanks Bud. That may be what I am thinking