PDA

View Full Version : Victorian Bird Feeder

TerryT
04-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Since the Victorian Bird Feeder thread in the "For Sale" section is getting too large (I'm gonna get yelled at by the mods) I decided to move my response here.

Terry....just might have to get that bird feeder design from you once we get back from Texas. We don't have the variety of birds here in Central Oregon that you do in Spokane but it would certain look nice hanging from one of the Juniper trees in my yard. And I certain like Al Who's idea of making it or something similar into a light.

Oh, wrong-O Sharon! Take a look at the beautiful Yellow headed black bird and several hundred other Oregon inhabitants! Just give 'em the kind of food they like and they will show up. Now I'm not a "Bird Watcher", in fact I never really notice them in the past, but wow, slow down and take a look. I think you will be surprised by the different types of beautiful birds you have already.

http://www.paulnoll.com/Oregon/Birds/Likely/

SharonB
04-07-2011, 01:34 AM
Terry....I do feed the birds and only have about 6 different species in the yard most of the year. When I lived outside of Spokane I counted over 100 different kinds of birds at my feeder(s) during a one year period. One year we had over 30 hummingbirds at the feeders at the same time. Here in the high desert we are not in the flyway so miss out on variety. But your birdfeeder is certainly going to be on my list to get done before summer is over with.

TerryT
04-07-2011, 07:25 AM
Well I hope they at least stop by for a short visit. If not, I have a quaker parrot I'll send your way! She is a beautiful bird, has a vocabulary of about 100 to 200 words. Only problem is she sounds like Donald Duck and never shuts up! LOL

earlyrider
04-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Norwegian Blue, beautiful plumage!
Nudge, nudge?