PDA

View Full Version : Delivery from Sears question..

Marzluf
01-11-2007, 07:35 AM
I ordered a compucarve from a local Sears the other day. They assured me that they it was a week delivery from the warehouse and that they would have it at the store for me by the 18th.

My question is, has anyone else ordered from Sears lately and gotten their machine ?? I'm just wondering, since their website shows unavailable for online order, if they actually DO have them in a warehouse or if they're just taking my money only to stall on why it hasn't arrived yet..

Thanks

mtylerfl
01-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Marzluf,

I had been checking the Sears website over the last several weeks, and saw that they showed an "out-of-stock" status for the CompuCarve.

But, on Jan 6th I received a Craftsman Club flyer that showed the machine on sale for $1699 for Craftsman Club Members from Jan 7 through 15.

I immediately visited our local Sears store and asked them to check stock for me. Yes! They said they were in stock and could have one in for me on Jan 10th!

My visit to the store one day before the sale actually went into effect. The salesman recommended that I go ahead and place my order at the full price of $1899, then re-visit the store on Jan 7th (the starting date of the sale) for a refund of the difference. This was to assure that I could get a machine.

I placed the order, got my refund of $212.00 (sale price and tax difference) and picked up my new CompuCarve yesterday afternoon (Jan 10) at Sears just like they promised!

The Sears website STILL shows out-of-stock, but at a sale price for $1799 ($100 more than the Craftsman Club price).

I am guessing that Sears "held" some machines for the Craftsman Club sale and "secretly" have them in stock for CC members! In case you are wondering how to join the Craftsman Club - it is free and all you need to do is call Sears and they'll sign you up!

Good luck. I hope they still have a machine available for you!

Julie Coffey
01-11-2007, 10:17 AM
After reading your post Mike and Barb's I ran into town to our local Sears to speak to my 'tool guy'. He showed me the one floor model they got in(not every store got one) before the holidays so I could at least 'touch one'. He said the one customer of theirs who had purchased one through that store was on his third machine- but they have not heard anything back from him so they are assuming 'third times a charm'.

He pulled up on the computer and apparently only about 5 stores supposedly carry them in store nationwide, the rest are on a 'order in' basis. I'm debating to go in and pay for it now, sadly CC has misplaced my membership since my move from WA. So I had to rejoin, and to my surprise joining isn't an instant thing- even if done online or as I did today over the phone with a CC rep from the store. It will still take 5-7 weeks for me to get my card with number.

There was not alot of information through the store about this machine, they didn't even know that you couldn't get the extended warrenty on it till I told him and he looked it up to verify.

This forum is a wonderful resource, I'm very grateful to everyone here who has either messaged me or responded to my enquiries.

I just wish I knew how many actual machines Sears got in.

I'll be eager to see how the new folks fare with thiers.

Julie

Marzluf
01-11-2007, 10:44 AM
the one customer of theirs who had purchased one through that store was on his third machine-

Makes me wonder how many of these people with "problems" never checked here for the known issues that could have been resolved easily? Or are quick to return it after the slightest glitch?

Haven't called Sears to see if mine came in early like others, but I've been playing with the software, reading this forum, and trying to contain my excitment for getting the machine into my shop.

rgant05
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I too have ordered a machine from Sears after talking with the CW people and checking promotionals and sale prices at Sears. I suspect that the machines that are now coming from Sears will be of the latest version and hopefully have a few more bugs worked out. I am a little concerned at the number of problems that are being talked about, but I am trying to rationalize it in my mind. Realisticly there are actually very few people on the complaining side compared to the number of machine that are being put out. I am not trying to defend CW, but I do like to be fair. That is not to say that the people who have the problems aren't fair. They have a problem and it needs to be fixed!! But what I am thinking is that with Sears selling the 200 someodd units a week, that there are a whole lot more machines out there other than the half dozen or dozen distressful situations that are being discussed on the forum. I would probably reach the near end of my rope as some of those on the forum seem to have, but the price, potential and capability still have me hopeful that I will wind up with the fantastic machine that others discuss. I am not rich so I can't even think about something in the $6000 or $10,000 range. I can however work with the $2000 figure for a lighter duty "hobby" grade machine, which is what I need and what this is intended to be. I may sing a different song if mine comes in and I have major problems with it right away, but I am still somewhat optimistic.

About them being out of stock and one guy still getting one. I talked to Sear regaring ordering one by phone. The guy told me that if they are in stock in the regional warehouse they cannot pull them back for an online sale. So if there is one in Memphis for example, it will sit there and wait for a customer who orders from a store being served by that regional warehouse. I could wait weeks or month by ordering online. I ordered mine at a store and got all the sale and craftsman club advantage (even though I was not a Craftsman Club member) locked in.. as well as the 12 month no payment, no interest, so at least I will be in a little better position to "negotiate" should anything major go wrong. They gave me a Jan 17th expected date when I ordered on the 9th, but the guy told me that it might not be correct... that if it didn't come in by then, call and he would give me a more accurate date (ie they really had no idea when it would be here but knew some were on the way) We'll see when it comes in. but frankly I hope that this is a new batch. I know that CW is working closely with the actual manufacturer in China to get all of the annoying problems worked out and I am confident that they will. I think it is reasonalble to expect some growing pains on a product like this going to mass production, but I like others don't like to suffer all the pain with no end results, and also feel like the guinea pig to work these problems out, but I also think I will someday feel good about being one of the "pioneer" customers that was using this technology in his hobby woodshop, when cabinet makers around here still have nothing like it. This is cutting edge and sometimes there are glitches. I worked on the first "bunker buster" bomb design in the 70's to realize many years later how they actually turned out to be an extremely potent addition to this nations arsenal after all the trials and failures that we indured back then. No pain, no gain as they say.

Anyway... optimistically waiting......

Roger

IM2HAPPI
01-11-2007, 01:16 PM
Hubby took me to Sears today and we ordered ours. Julie I joined the craftman club this morning online and they gave it to me $1699.00. I didnt have a number or a card. I did tell the sales lady I just had joined online to get it at that price. Didnt seem to have any problem with that. Also on the subject of folks having so many problems, to me it was probably just user error or not bothering to read manual before starting.I have repaired I dont know how many computers for friends and relatives and wasnt computers fault, more user than machine. Just my thoughts on that subject :wink:

Julie Coffey
01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Makes me wonder how many of these people with "problems" never checked here for the known issues that could have been resolved easily? Or are quick to return it after the slightest glitch?.

In all fairness to my local Sears and the two other stores I've spoken with today. They had them show up with not allot of support, only one store had a DVD to play illustrating the machine. I spoke to one store in CA that actually has a working out of the box floor model that has had no problems that is used regularly for demo's. He didn't even know this forum existed. (he does now) :wink:

I personally believe this machine has a great deal of potential and am looking forward to ordering mine.

Julie

*Just got off the phone with the manager of our local store and even though I don't have the club card in my hand they will be giving it to me for the promotional price plus the CC discount as well (which basically cleared the sales tax). So I'm good- and really excited as well.

Marzluf
01-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Well.... I called the local Sears that I ordered it from hoping that from reading others post, that mine had come in early...

No such luck..... She was really nice about it though and said "Oh, I'm sorry sweetie, no it didn't come in on todays truck."

Dissapointed, sure...... but they told me it wouldn't be in till the 17th anyway. Just thought I'd gotten lucky. :D

So, maybe next week I'll be posting about how excited I have to finally have it.

Julie Coffey
01-11-2007, 11:08 PM
Well my better half came home early from work tonight I looked at the clock and we ran into town to pay for ours. Getting both the CC discount and the sales price. :D

Manager said they had them in at the warehouse and ours should be on the truck either late on the 15th or early 16th.

We're both very excited and my husband is highly impressed with the generosity of information everyone here has shown. Our evenings have been spent reading the forum boards, trying to find answers to our questions. Think this is what they call 'quality' time.

This weekend we'll be making space for it our shop.

Thank you everyone for all the help, we're looking forward to learning from you.

Julie/Matt

poteetjr
01-11-2007, 11:29 PM
I ordered mine on the Jan 7 and had it Jan 10 w/ CC discount.

IM2HAPPI
01-12-2007, 02:55 AM
CONGRATS Julie !!!
Us Michigan woman know what our men really need.....Now we have to impress them. Im up to the challenge, how about you? :lol:
Happi carving
Barb

Bill
01-12-2007, 05:29 AM
moved

pontiak
01-12-2007, 06:33 AM
I ordered mine from Sears 1-3-07. They had it at the store by 1 8-07. Even got the $5.00 coupon. The guy didn't bring it out in the 5 minute time limit.I only set it up so far. Hope to start playing with iti Saturday.

IM2HAPPI
01-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Congrats Pontiak !!
Did all go well durning setup ?

Julie Coffey
01-12-2007, 10:18 AM
CONGRATS Julie !!!
Us Michigan woman know what our men really need.....Now we have to impress them. Im up to the challenge, how about you? :lol:
Happi carving
Barb

Most definately Barb!! My husband had to laugh when we went in last night the salesman was floored it was for me. I'm not 'nurmal' I'm currently an apprentice in the American Bladesmith Society learning how to hand forge knives. And just now finishing putting my shop together as a matter of fact I LOVE my tools. My husband is NOT the tool person in our family, it's myself and our 8 yr old daughter. Infact for Christmas she wanted and got a 70lb 100 yr old Vulcan anvil with a set of baby pein hammers, leather apron and saftey gear. This one is set at a height she can reach my 395lb Hay Budden was just a bit too high for her (she needed a stool) to do any forge work.

I'm really eager to to see what we can make of it, my husband is actually interested in this one! But I think I'll sway him to the dark side of forgework. Always a good thing. :wink:

Julie

CustomWestCoast
01-12-2007, 08:28 PM
I purchased my Craftsman CompuCarve on Jan 6th, 2007. I had read on a forum post that Sears had offered an extended warranty for the CompuCarve machine. I called the warranty number on the back of the instruction manual. I reached an operator and had no clue what I was talking about. She could not find any type of warranty for the machine. She took down my name and phone number and said she would have a supervisor call me back the following day. Well the following day came and went :cry: . I called Sears back and spoke to another representitive. I explained what had occurred. She looked up my purchase in the computer. I was then offered a 5 year extended warranty for $299. I purchased the warranty which now expires in 2012 :lol: .

Lin
01-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Reading with interest...I to am in Michigan (SW part of the state) and hubby and I both have an interest in the CW. I got into scrolling about 4 years ago and the "woodworking" bug bit me quickly. Our vehicles are no longer in the garage as there is no longer space for either of them. Hubby trys to keep me away from the "toy" (tool) sections in every store we visit...
I am more addicted than he but he does make some dust everynow and then on one of the scrollsaws or the lathe. I'm watching this board and gathering info. Saving my pennies and hoping I can purchase the CW by this summer. Please let me know your experiences with the CW when you receive and they are up and running.
Lin

poteetjr
01-13-2007, 10:49 AM
I am interested in what number you call the get the warranty everyone I talked to at CW and Sears says no warranty exist...

nodwell
01-14-2007, 06:25 AM
I also ordered from Sears on the first day of the CC sale. (Jan 7).
Told it would be available for pick-up after 2:00 Sat (Jan 13) Very pleased with that date. Called yesterday afternoon only to be told that it did not come in. When I asked fro new dekivery date was told the truck might have been full, it might come in Tuesday, it might come in next Saturday, it might be back ordred.

Still waiting in Princeton

Don

Marzluf
01-14-2007, 07:37 AM
I am interested in what number you call the get the warranty everyone I talked to at CW and Sears says no warranty exist...

I have a strong feeling that the people actually getting an extended waranty through Sears are just getting lucky with an employee that doesn't know any better. Probably a generic Warranty code available in the computer..

I'd be worried that if there was a problem down the road, Sears would actually refund your warranty cost rather than honering it.

Bill
01-14-2007, 08:26 AM
hello

I have called and talked to the folks at this phone
number in the back of there manual and was told there is
no protection agreement or extended warrenty
available of any kind at this time for this machine...Bill.

Check thread below,
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2707&highlight=#2707